SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create versions in funds management BCS

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to create versions in funds management BCS.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

amarlal_lohano
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Radhika,

You can create Version in FM-BCS by going through following path:

SPRO>Public Sector Management>Funds Management Government>Budget Control System>Budgeting>Basic Settings>Definition of Master Data>Edit Versions

Click New Entries and then insert the Code and Name and select the Plan checkbox, if you intend to use for planning purpose only. Remember 'Version 0' is always the final version, where actual posting is posted. 

Regards,

Amar Lal

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

amarlal_lohano
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Radhika,

You can create Version in FM-BCS by going through following path:

SPRO>Public Sector Management>Funds Management Government>Budget Control System>Budgeting>Basic Settings>Definition of Master Data>Edit Versions

Click New Entries and then insert the Code and Name and select the Plan checkbox, if you intend to use for planning purpose only. Remember 'Version 0' is always the final version, where actual posting is posted. 

Regards,

Amar Lal

0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply Amar,

I have created a version as per the path mentioned above, but still I am unable to view the created version in Tcode FMBB, where I enter the initial Budget for the Fund center and commitment Item.

Could you please let me know the process for this. Is there any assignments to be done.

0 Kudos

Yes you have to assign this to your FM Area. Go to T-Code FMBOSTAT and select your FM Area. There provide the Fiscal year and the versions you created alongwith Version 0. You also have to provide Status profile in third column, which is created and assigned to FM Area using following path:

SPRO>Public Sector Management>Funds Management Government>Master Data>Status Management

0 Kudos

Dear Amar,

Thank you I am able to see the version in FMBB, as per the above configuration settings, but I have created a status profile in the below mentioned path,

SPRO>Public Sector Management>Funds Management Government>Budget Control system>Budgeting> Control Budgeting flow > Edit Status.

and assigned the status to versions. Please let me know the difference between the Master data Status Version and budgeting Status version.

Thanks & Regards

Radhika Sunalkar

0 Kudos

Dear Radhika,

My apology for giving the wrong path, fortunately you have followed the correct path for creating of status profile to be used in FM-BCS.

Following is the definition:

Status Management in the Master Data is used to view SAP standard Status Profile and create/copy the same as per your requirement. Following link might help you further

Status management - Funds Management (FI-FM) - SAP Library

Status management in the budget control system (BCS) allows you to subdivide the budgeting in Funds Management into successive budgeting phases. The individual budgeting phases differ in that only certain budget processes can be executed (Budgeting Process in combination with Budget Type). Each phase is mapped in the system as a status. Whereas you define all required statuses and the executable budgeting activities for each status in Customizing, you select the current valid statuses in the current fiscal year in the menu of Funds Management. Budget Phases here for example:

Phase 1: Jul to Sep: only planned budget can be created for all users

Phase 2: Sep to Dec: original budget can be created

Phase 3: Dec-Jun: Only transfer or supplement can be entered etc

Status Management - Funds Management - SAP Library

I hope this serves the purpose.

Regards,

Amar Lal

0 Kudos

Thank you Amar,

I go the concept, Your answer was valuable. still I am working on it.

Thanks & Regards

Radhika Sunalkar

0 Kudos

Thank you Amar,

I got the concept, Your answer was valuable. still I am working on it.

Thanks & Regards

Radhika Sunalkar