cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling a SharePoint Web Service from SAP??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I have been following the below link to call a SharePoint Web Service from SAP.

But after entering the URL this pops up :

and I enter my SAP username and password, then I get this error:

But I have full SAP authorization.

Please can someone advice or help on this problem.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does the web service have to be configured by a SAP Basis person or can it be done by a Developer?

Also would you be able to help me on what checks/configurations need to be done to get the Web Service to work?

I am currently trying to consume a SharePoint Web Service, and I am new to SAP.

Thank You,

Shaneel. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are getting same error by accessing more than create an order with more than 1000 items in UAT.Below is the error.

SOAP:1023 SRT: Processing error in Internet Communication Framework: ("ICF Error when receiving the response: ICM_HTTP_CONNECTION_BROKEN")

But we are not gertting error upto 1000 orders.Please advise..

Advance Thanks,

Sudarshan

attila_mikulan
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Sudarshan,

Adjust the timeout parameters. See discussion:

Cheers,

Attila

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

when i created the web service program to send a msg to the other system, i am getting this error in the abap program.

Can anyone advice on a solution?

Thank you.

jimguo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It looks like a connection problem. I suggest to check icm trace to see what is the error.

Thanks.

Jim

Former Member
0 Kudos

I followed this document now :

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c06e848d-9df8-2d10-42b0-de38278ec...

I managed to consume the WSDL, but I am getting this login pop up for user name and password when i execute the program.

And i tried my SAP details and the 3rd party login details but none are working.

I am getting the error below after entering the details.

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shaneel,

From the error message, it looks like there is some proxy involved, is there a proxy involved between your SAP and the sharepoint ?

You can check your internet explorer or any other browser you used for the proxy server details.

Try and configure proxy server details as explained in : http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/48/479b6163524bb9e10000000a42189b/frameset.htm

You need to specify your windows logon credential as userid and password.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddhesh,

Yes, there is a proxy. i have entered the correct proxy.

We are not running a Java AS, so SAP NetWeaver Administrator won't work.

And I have tried to use my windows login credentials also but i still get the same error message.

I do not know if it is something on the SAP System or something the Network and Basis people should look at.

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Okay,

Maybe sharepoint needs some change, check the following thread:

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks but that is also SAP for Java but the error is similar.

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shaneel,

In the blog you used to setup the connection, the last screenshot (transport binding in SOAMANAGER) have you included proxy host, userid and password ?

if yes, you seem to have done all configuration.

I think you need to ask your Sharepoint admin to enable basic authentication for Sharepoint instead of only NTLM based authentication.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg558567.aspx

Regards,

Siddhesh

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shaneel

I think you need to enter the credentials for the Sharepoint service, and NOT your SAP credentials.

Rgds

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eng Swee,

I have tried that and I still get the same error.

Regards,

Shaneel Somduth

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try manually entering the endpoint URL in a web browser and enter your credentials.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I enter the SharePoint URL in the web browser, and enter the SharePoint credentials then it logs me in. But I do not know why it won't work from SAP.

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If it's a SOAP based web service, try importing the WSDL into SOAPUI and access it from there too.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Apparently SAP does not accept the WSDL file so I have to edit it somehow to remove to security and other stuff SAP does not recognize.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It accepts WSDL files, but only using basic authentification. I had the same problem. Probably you have NTLM authentification. Check note 1441809 - Logon fails when using IIS and NTLM authentication

Thanks,

Efren