Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Runtime artifacts generation for mandatory fields of FM

EkanshCapgemini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I mapped a GET_ENTITY method to a BAPI (BAPI_GOODSMVT_GETDETAIL). In this BAPI there is one table GOODSMVT_ITEMS which is mandatory. Since my entity is corresponding to header, I mapped only header level properties and have not used the mandatory table. I regenerated the runtime artifacts.

Since this table was mandatory, the gateway framework should have created a internal table and passed it to the FM in the Get_Entity method. But this is not happening and I am getting error since mandatory fields are not passed. Below is the screenshots of my mapping and auto generated code.

What may be the cause of this behavior of SEGW tool?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ekansh,

Since this table was mandatory, the gateway framework should have created a internal table and passed it to the FM in the Get_Entity method. 

I don't think this is true. Go ahead, edit the DPC_EXT class and write your code. That seems to be the only solution as I see.

Regards

Krishna

EkanshCapgemini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Krishna,

Yes, I have the option for redefining the code.

In my opinion, its a common thing to have some parameter as mandatory and so SEGW transaction should have taken care of this while generating the code.

Regards,

Ekansh