cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interface enhancement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

there is a existing interface i need to enhance the interface( need to add fields),we can do this using data type enhancement but after adding the fields to the data types how to do the mapping with out disturbing the existing mapping.

If any one have idea can you please explain me step by step,it can be helpful to me.

Thanks & Regards,

AS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi AS

Is it a standard SAP content (service interface and mapping) or is it custom?

If it's standard, you can check out the links I mentioned in the following thread for DTE

If it is custom, just add the fields in the data type and then update the mapping.

Rgds

Eng Swee

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

apu_das2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you add any new field or edit any existing field then in the mapping for the newly added or edited field mapping will be disturbed and that need to be mapped accordingly.

Better make a copy of the existing message mappimg and then do the changes.

Thanks,

Apu

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Newly added fields will not disturb the mapping.

Also, there is always a version history for the mapping object. IMHO copying the mapping into another object just unnecessarily adds clutter to the ESR plus the new object does not retain the version history.

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

>>>>>after adding the fields to the data types how to do the mapping with out disturbing the existing mapping.

If you don't change the existing mapped fields if you only add the new fields then the mapping will not have any impact, you can simple do the mapping for new fields.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos