cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EPM10 - Select multimembers on selection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

we have recently migrated to EPM 10 from BPC 7.5 and we had a scenario where in the user had an option to select the members from the list box.

In EPM 10 is there any function like EPMCONTEXTMEMBER or EPMOLAPMEMBERO     which would allow the user to choose from the list shown below.

Business group is maintained on Page Axis and we wanted to have only few members under HR group for selection.

Ex: say a member under HR1 and two members under HR3 and HR4 and 4 members under HR5   

OLD report bpc 7.5

EPM 10 >>>>>>>>>>>> Can we achieve similar selection in EPM 10(only select few members under HR1 and so on)

Thanks,

SSK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just curious, how you created the selection in BPC 7.5?

With Excel combobox or what?

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Vadim it was created using Excel combo box and report has required macro code in VB

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can do the same for BPC 10

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Excel code needs maintenance hence we wanted to avoid VB code as much as possible.

Cant we achieve this in EPM 10 with the functions available. Thanks.

SSK

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Combobox - no!

Sophisticated member filtering - by property...

Not a lot!

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SSK,

Create a property in the dimension HR Group, with values for business group.

you can use EPMContextMember and put in the filter with the property you just created and equals to the business group in the page axis.

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andy,

Thanks for your reply.

I have already tried the same when i did i can only select HR and all the members below it,

As said i have my Business Group in Page Axis and i wanted to have only few members under HR in selection. say i want to see only HR1 HR11 HR12 HR2 HR21 HR22 and so on under selection. Pls let me know.

Business Group

Regards,
SSK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SSK,

Create a property call HR_GROUPING, assign value of GROUP1 for HR1 HR11 HR12 HR2 HR21 HR22 .

then in your epmcontext formula, filter field with HR_GROUPING = GROUP1

Andy