Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic generation of settlement Rule

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Greeting for the day!

I have created one project in which I had assigned project profile and Hierarchy of WBS elements.

In project profile I had already assigned the settlement rule and settlement strategy (Acc Assg "5 Superior WBS Element"), by which settlement rule should be automatically created after the creation of project.

Then I tried to create settlement rule via CJB2 settlement rule is created. As after creation of settlement rule I have modified by structure by adding WBS element at 3 and 4 level. As again settlement rule should be copied from higher level WBS element. Its not getting generated automatically.

For this again I am trying to generate Settlement rule via CJB2 by entering the WBS element IN.00000.001.001.002 system generates an error " CJ115 Could not find superior WBS element for WBS element"

So my question is 1. as I had already mentioned settlement profile and settlement strategy why settlement rule is not generated automatically?

2. Why I am getting an error in CJB2 which creation of settlement rule

Regards,

Varun Maheshwari

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

when i checked my system EHP and lower version i am not able to see account assignment cat as "5".

please check below screen.

please recheck.

thanks

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

In my EHP Superior WBS is numbered at 5.

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

try using 4 instead of 5 as replied by Gokul.

thanks

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun Maheshwari,

Try the other way of creating Settlement rule:
Click on WBS element in project structure in Project Builder(CJ20N), In the "Identification and view section" Right click on wbs element and click the settlement rule.Fill up the required details in settlement rule.check it once.

Best Regards,
Sriramm

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sri Ram,

yes I can create manually and system is allowing me to create, But I am having more than 100 WBS element I can't create manually for each of them.

That's why I am going for automatic creation of settlement rule.

Regards,

Varun Maheshwari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maintain the settlement rule at the project definition level. Then try to copy the settlement rule from the superior object (4-Acc Assgnt Cat)and your superior object is project definition here.

Maintain a rule there Manually and execute the transaction, it should copy over whatever rule maintained.

Copy rule from superior object- means the rule on superior WBS will be copied into all lower level WBS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use account assignment category as 4. Create a new test data and replicate whatever you did earlier.

Let us know the results.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sri Ram,

I had done same thing as you mentioned, I had assigned settlement rule in project definition. I had selected copy from superior WBS element system is showing same error " Superior WBS element not found and nor automatic settlement rule is created after saving project.

Regards,

Varun Maheshwari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,
Lets see What Other experts suggest.Manually remove the Settlement rule for first two WBS element and save. Go to CJb2 transaction and run, Settlement rule is created to all wbs elements.Also, check the Hierarchy graphic as per the attachment.

Best regards,
Sriramm

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

Check this thread

Regards,
Sriramm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sri Ram,

I had gone through thread that you mentioned.

As per thread I had already mentioned settlement strategy in project profile and I had already mentioned acct assignment cat as 5 "Superior WBS Element".

Still I am facing the Issue.

Can you guide me something on this.

Regards,

Varun Maheshari