cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Day Types, Public Holoday Class and Daily Work Schedule Variant - Understanding

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

I need to know on what are day types and how do they play their part in public holiday. Basically I want to understand the below screen.

I would also like to know, what are Work Schedule Variants and do they have any impact on public holidays?

And, I also request an explanation on the highlighted area (Highlighted in YELLOW) in the below screen capture. What are those two 1s near 18 and what do they stand for?

It would be really a great help for me if I can get in-depth explanation so that I can design my public holidays properly. As while calculating unpaid absences for one of the months, the actual working days shud be 25 (December has 31 days, taking out 4 Sundays and as there are two public holidays, hence the total working days shud be 25) but the system is considering as 27 working days.. So I want to avoid this and want to be more cautious while creating my next holiday calendar. Please help me in understanding the same.

regards

Tahir

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you wanted solution for your requirement just go through below.

Place this below 2 PCR's next to INP1 and change the wage type Processing class 10 specification to 6 further more day types and holiday class indicators are being used in standard programs to do some calculations, same being used in above calculations as well i.e. working days.

Further we can use TAAX** instead of 2406 and if we use TAAX** no need of PCR &ABH, &ABR else place all the PCR's in mentioned places then it resolves the issue.

Place this PCR above CUMBT in time management schema.

Place this PCR in Payroll sub schema XT00 after ZLIT AMS line.

Check all possible scenarios it resolves your issue since i have tested it.

Once issue resolved close the thread as well.

Regards

Venkatesh

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Further more whether to use TAAX** or not is depends on the PARTA table from payroll log place the PARTA accordingly we will suggest whether it can be used or not.

Regards

Venkatesh

ShrutiJoshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tahir

There is a lot of good documentation available on SCN community that you can read through to understand these things.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shruti,

Thanks for the links , I have already bookmarked them and have read a couple of times. The first link (about PH calendar and WSR) is not explaining my very first question on Rules for Day Types (OR may be am failing to understand the explanation). It would be of a help for me if I receive explaining replies as that would open me to have a discussion and make me understand it in a better way.

requesting a help plz

regards

Tahir

ShrutiJoshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tahir

Day types are basically numbers that denote whether your day is going to be a working day or an off or special off etc. Most commonly used day types are:

Day Type 0 = Working Day

Day Type 1 = Off/paid

Now on your first screenshot what you see is a rule for specifying which day type would be assigned to a particular day based on the public holiday class for that day.

The first column is the Rule number. This is something that you assign in your work schedule configuration. The next 3 columns are the rules that would be applied for weekday, saturday and sunday respectively. Now lets understand these columns one by one.

If you observe a single column carefully, you would see that there are 10 positions in it. Each of the position denotes a public holiday class, meaning the first position is Hol Class 0, second position is Hol Class 1 and so on. Now the content in this position is the Day Type that you want your day to have for this Holiday Class. Meaning, if I write 1 (which means off/paid) in the 2nd position (which is for H.Class 1) then it would mean that whenever there is a public holiday, my day would have Day type as Off/Paid. Now in the same position if I do not write 1 and leave it blank, it would mean that whenever there is a public holiday, I want the day type to be a working day.

Same concept applies to the 3rd and 4th Column which are for Saturday and Sunday. We need to tell the system what to do for that particular Holiday Class on a Saturday and Sunday.

Hope I have been able to explain you as you wanted.

ShrutiJoshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For the second screenshot in your query, the 1 that you see on the top right corner denotes the public holiday class on that day and the 1 that you see on the botton left corner denotes the Day Type on that day. This is quite easy and you can understand this yourself by pressing F1 on those fields.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cheers Shruti,

I got this. My second query is solved but I shall be looking for my first query still.

Thanks

Tahir

ShrutiJoshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good to know that. I think I should create a document on that...there are many people who find that concept difficult to understand. Do u think that would be a good idea?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shruti,

The idea would be very good if I post the document after being explained by you .

Cheers. Please post the detailed document and let me.

meanwhile, if you can explain me here on a quick note.

regards

Tahir

ShrutiJoshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tahir

I have created a document now for the explanation that you had been looking for. You may want to give it a read.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-63473