SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release date of Security Deposit

dhiraj_kathet
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Is there a way to identify the date on which the security deposit was released/partially released?

I need to report for the amount of security deposits which were released within a date range.

I explored the scope of custom enhancement where at time of security deposit release I could update the released amount with system date into a z-table, but couldn't find any events that SAP provides.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

Dhiraj

9 REPLIES 9

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why not use transaction FPD1 which shows the start and return date of the security deposit?  That is what we use

0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

Thanks for quick response. However, as I understand FPD1 will show the return date even if the deposit  has not been released and also will not give the segregation of the amount which was released on a certain date.

Say, I released a security deposit partially on 15th March 2015, and again partially on 1st April 2015.

I want to identify these two amount separately with dates on which these were released.

Could you please suggest anything on this?

Thanks,

Dhiraj

0 Kudos

Please take a look at this thread to see if it helps:

0 Kudos

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dhiraj,

Check the method PartReleasePayment under the BOR object CASECURITY.

In here you will be able find the info. related to the partial release.

Standard FM, BAPI_CTRACASHSECURITY_PARTREL is triggered in this event.

You can plug in a custom FM in this event and can update the release date and the corresponding amount in a custom table.

Hope it helps

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

Thanks for the response. I may be doing something wrong but I experience that the BOR object CASECURITY does not get hit when we change the SD. Do you think it should get triggerred?

Thanks,

Dhiraj

0 Kudos

Dhiraj,

There is  quite a old SAP note which discusses about the BOR object CASECURITY not working correctly.

Can you check the SAP notes 979584 and 1003635.

Even if the method PartReleasePayment is not working correctly, you can check the Change method, it should work properly.

Moreover,you can create a Custom BOR object by as a subtype for the standard BOR CASECURITY and give the object name as ZCASECURTY and program name as ZCASECURTY.

In here you can create a method and try to use the BAPI that I have mentioned to see if you are able to capture the partial release info.

Hope it helps

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Thanks Amlan for all the suggestions. However I understand the notes are old and our system already have the functionality to amend SD through CASECURITY, but the reverse process does not happen i.e. the change of SD, does not trigger CASECURITY. The Z-object will only help if the original object is getting triggered.

ivor_martin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dhraj,

Table FKK_SEC has a "Released" Flag and a "Changed on" date.

You could run a simple query/report  as follows:

Lookup table:

FKK_SEC (with released = "X"), list changed date and Returned date.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ivor