cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation issue of ERP 2005 SR2 / Solution Manager 4.0 SR2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all Experts!

I need your consulting about a strange issue came out during the first phases of installation of ERP 2005 SR2 on HP-UX 11.23 Itanium.

On the same server I have installed 3 weeks ago another ERP 2005 SR2, without any problem.

I choose this forum because my issue seem to concern the NW platform instead of specific sap product.

Now the installation stops itself during the phase "Unpack sap archives" (it should be the 3rd or 4th step...).

In this step the last action taken by sapinst is "Unpack DBATOOLS.SAR". I can see the list of the 12 files, and the result: 12 files extracted.

Even more if I check the content of directories exe and DVEBMGS03 i can see the files extracted.

After this step sapinst sleeps for some hours, about 4h and generate the error:

<i>ERROR 2007-04-05 22:47:37

FCO-00011 The step unpack with step key |NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|NW_Unpack|ind|ind|ind|ind|8|0|unpack was executed with status ERROR .</i>

I post the last line of the sapinst.log:

<i>INFO 2007-04-05 18:44:02

Unpacking archives for system ECT to /usr/sap/ECT/SYS/exe/run...

INFO 2007-04-05 18:44:02

Node /usr/sap/ECT/SYS/exe/run already exists.

Creating file /sapinstloc/tmp/sapinst_instdir/ERP/SYSTEM/ORA/CENTRAL/AS/DBATOOLS.log.

Output of /sapinstloc/tmp/sapinst_exe.9189.1175790063/SAPCAR is written to the logfile DBATOOLS.log.

INFO 2007-04-05 18:44:03

Output of /sapinstloc/tmp/sapinst_exe.9189.1175790063/SAPCAR -x -v -g -i -R /usr/sap/ECT/SYS/exe/run -f /sapinstloc/sw/51032263_7/NW_2004s_SR2_Kernel_HP_UX__SOLARIS/KU_HPUX_IA64/ORA/DBATOOLS.SAR,:

SAPCAR: processing archive /sapinstloc/sw/51032263_7/NW_2004s_SR2_Kernel_HP_UX__SOLARIS/KU_HPUX_IA64/ORA/DBATOOLS.SAR (version 2.01)

x brarchive

x brbackup

x brconnect

x brrecover

x brrestore

x brspace

x brtools

x dbatoolsora.lst

x initSID.sap

x libsbt.so

x sapconn_role.sql

x sapdba_role.sql

SAPCAR: 12 file(s) extracted

ERROR 2007-04-05 22:47:37

FCO-00011 The step unpack with step key |NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|NW_Unpack|ind|ind|ind|ind|8|0|unpack was executed with status ERROR .</i>

Anyone have encountered this situation before?

I made some tries and more checks concerning:

-the change of users rights,

-change of installation CDs (maybe they could be corrupted),

-delete and recreate users both manually and by sapinst,

-manual unpack of dbatools.sar,

-root is part of sapinst group,

-check old environment variable,

-check of CD that are right of my OS,

-change the sapcar version,

-change of product installation: I try to install Solution Manager (i need instal it too!

Ciao

Daniele

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It was a problem caused by SAP installer.

It was unable to recognize an already installed oracle client, and even not selected, it tried to extract the oracle client .SAR.

the issue was solved renamed the oracle client directory and proceding with standard installation with all components selected to be extracted.

Former Member
0 Kudos

could you please try to uncar manually and see what errors you get?

Cheers,

-Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes i thought of the same option.Use SAPCAR to uncar the SAR files manually and then proceed with the installation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

The manual uncar and the put of extracted file in the exe and DVBMGS03 directories has already been made...

Note that this try has already present in the tries list!!!

Even more I DON'T have another server to try the installation to exclude any hw issue.

And even more I already installed another ERP 2005 SR2 on the same hw and with the same sw whitout problems!!!!!!!!

Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah...of course...

I forgot to specify it.

I install the first ERP 2005 SR2 on Oracle 10.2.0.2 and the other have to be installed on the same version of DB.

All installation are not MCOD.

This mean every installation has its own DB with different SID for every installation.

And of course I have at least doubled the space required by installer. Taken from sap notes the required space for ERP 2005 SR2 is about 90 GB.

The total space of mount point is about 500 GB....

Thanks

Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The DBATOOLS.SAR are extracted only on DB host and they are used only

by the database (administrator).

The archive is extracted in sys\exe\run on a DB host and is not

needed to be extracted ina platform specific directory.

Solution can be to manually uncar those files and put them into the directory c:\usr\sap\SID\SYS\exe\uc\NT....

Also before doing that take a back of this directory, so that if any issues atleast you can revert back.

reward with points

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you have enough disk space for the proper system installation.

Which database you are working for?

REgards.