cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution for weighing process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear colleagues,

We are selecting a solution for our weighing processes (components of production orders) and we would like to know which is SAP solution for this?

I think that it is possible using X-Steps for Discrete Manufacturing or PP-PI module, but I am not sure if this is the correct solution.

Has anyone ever worked with this process?

I would like to know some cases.

Thanks in advance,

Marcos

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Marcos,

The 'Consumer Products for Food and Beverage' functions allow the integration of industrial scales into certain goods movements transactions such as the transaction 'MIGO'. To be able to use this function, you must activate the PP, Food and Beverage Industry (LOG_PP_CFB) business function. The 'MIGO' transaction is provided with an extra tab item that allows the transfer of quantities weighed by a scale into the quantity field of the goods movement document.

SAP Library for SAP ERP under SAP ERP Central Component-> Logistics -> Production Planning and Control (PP) -> Production Planning for Process Industries (PP-PI) -> Consumer Products for the Food and Beverage Industry (PP-PI-CFB) -> Weighing for Goods Movements

Please refer useful SAP help document,

PP, Food and Beverage Industry - Logistics - SAP Library

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rupesh,

Thank you for your reply.

I would like to use electronic work instructions activating (LOG_PP_XS_RTG_PO) X-Steps for Routing and Production Orders Business Function.

Please, see the following link:

http://websha.de/xstepcafe/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/SAP-WeighDispense-Solution-EN.pdf

I would like more details about this solution.

Do you know any company who have made this implementation?

Regards,

Marcos

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Marcos

I have contacted the responsible for this solution asking for more information. I'll let you know if I can get any information about it.

Regards

Caetano

maiko_rahman
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Marcos,

we offer a comprehensive Weigh&Dispense solution as a Consulting service from SAP Consulting Germany.

It is comprised of the most common weighing processes based on either PI-Sheets (XSteps) or the standard SAP UI. Label/report printing, scanner integration, MM and QM integration are part of the solution as well. We recently also realized the integration EWM 9.1. Our solution is scale vendor independent using the OPC standard for the technical communicatin between SAP and the scales.

We have implemented the solution at multiple customers from pharmaceuticals, chemicals and consumer products.

Kindly let me know your contact details and I'll get in touch with you soon.

Best regards

Maiko

Maiko Rahman
Business Enterprise Principal Consultant
Business Transformation Services Consumer Products
SAP Deutschland SE & Co. KG

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.