cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM for non-SAP? Administrative Changes without STMS Setup?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have experience in establishing ChaRM for traditional ABAP systems, and ChaRM with CTS+ for non-ABAP systems.  I've established ChaRM (without CTS+) for systems such as Business Objects as well.  However, I'm not sure if I can establish ChaRM for a non-SAP system which is completely unknown to our Solution Manager instance.

Example:  If we establish Solution Manager technical monitoring for our Business Objects environment, we would make up a System ID for said environment.  To use ChaRM, I had to create the BO landscape in STMS with the pseudo SID.  Otherwise, the maintenance project would not work and I couldn't create a task list / maintenance cycle.

Questions:

If we have a new system which is not SAP whatsoever (no SID, no pseudo SID, nothing in Solution Manager), can I still use ChaRM Administrative Changes to steward changes to such an environment?  I know I can create systems in the LMDB and then create logical components for non-SAP systems, but I've never been able to successfully create a project without a valid TMS landscape, even if I'm not using CTS+ to deploy the changes. Is there a way to create a maintenance project and cycle without doing any work in STMS?  Can a project exist without a TMS landscape?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello David,

you are just able to support Non-SAP system via ChaRM by transaction type General Change.See 2047987 - Why does Admin Change not allow non-SAP Ibase component to be selected? - Solution Manage...

You have to create the non-SAP system in LMDB as host, technical system and product system (system type: Unspecific Standalone Application) and you have to create an IBase. It is not required to assign the non-system to a maintenance project, because it would not working (RFC errors, etc.).

Regards, Tina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Tina!  I see that General Changes also require an iBase component number.  Therefore, I assume it's possible to generate iBase component numbers for non-SAP systems created in LMDB using "Unspecified Standalone Application", correct?

Thanks,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

you are right. It is possible to generate IBase component for non-SAP-systems.

Regards, Tina

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member228464
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi David,

I would suggest to use the project configured for SAP Systems (ABAP or Non ABAP systems), add non SAP System as logical component in the project and then create RfC and General Change for non SAP Systems.

Hope this solves the issue!

Regards,

Kuthubus Saman