cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Ananlytical privileges

Former Member
0 Kudos

Helo All,

We have created dynamic privileges but it has the limitation on tools that can connect directly to the HANA views since what we built is based on  BOUSER (to identify the user who is accessing teh calculation view). But this is a limitation when other tools that connect directly to HANA Data base. I found documents here all using CREATE STRUCTURE PRIVILEGE with xml example. Anyone knows about the syntax for teh CREATE STRUCTURED PRIVILEGE syntax or use a procedure in place of xml.

Any document would be helpful.

Thank you,

Arthur Samson.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

vivekbhoj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arthur,

Structured Privileges are analytical privileges only

What is the problem that you are facing and which tool are you talking about?

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vivek.

I was looking for some kind of documentation how to create Dynamic privileges for HANA Calculation views. I found some and trying to make this happen. I will post my further questions and issues that I face.

Thank you for your interest.

Arthur.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

To set up a dynamic privilege I have done teh following...

1.      I have created a temp table and this has the BUKRS that are assigned to my user id.

2.      Ceated a reporsitory procedure to extract the distinct BUKRS for the SESSION_USER.

and the BUKRS assigned to the out put variable.

3.     Create a dynamic privilege and used the Repository Procedure under Assign Restrictions

4.     Created a role and assign this privilege to the rol UNder Analytic privileges.

5.     Assign the role to my userid

All objects are activated. But now when I try a sql statment against the calculation view with company code that is not assigned to my user id, it still bring the values...

Any idea,

Thank you,

Arthur.

vivekbhoj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arthur,

Did you have default MODELING role?

It has _SYS_BI_CP_ALL analytic privilege that overwrites all other analytic privileges.

Try to create a new user and don't assign it MODELING role.

Just give access to required views in _SYS_BIC schema and the analytic Privilege that you created. Then check with the new user

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Yes I do have teh MODELING role, let me try this and get back to you.

Thank you,

Arthur.