cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI - ZIPing a file in sender al11 folder atomatically without module adapter in OS level

sapjmm
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

any suggestions .

SAP PI - ZIPing a file in sender al11 folder atomatically without module adapter in OS level we need to zip a file in sap sender side of 3GB of file and process to talend other third party .let me know any

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sapjmm
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

we are receiveing a file in SAP in folder of size 3.5 gb and more we need to zip any way ,In PI we have the option like modules but not we trying to do it in OS level commands to zip, as we tried with SAPCAR as it has limitations not suitable for 3.5 gb files so we need any other options how to zip atomatically ,any suggestions please welcome...

sapjmm
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh gampa,

Can i do this in sender side CC of file adapter?

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. You can find the same under "Processing tab" of your sender File Channel

Refer to Define Operating System Commands segment under help documentation.

Configuring the Sender File Adapter - Advanced Adapter Engine - SAP Library

However i'm not sure how efficient it would be to zip such a large file (>3 GB).

May be it would be good to schedule a job which can make a call to script in order to zip the file.

Ryan-Crosby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

If you do anything aside from the OS command that would require PI to read the contents of the file to perform the zipping action (the full 3.5GB).  Aside from using the OS command in the channel you can use the class CL_ABAP_ZIP on the SAP system in question to zip the contents.

Regards,

Ryan Crosby

RaghuVamseedhar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Murali,

You can try

OR

2. ABAP report program to zip files, attached.

sapjmm
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

As we know the Chunk mode will split and do process ,We do not want to split we need to zip the file of 3.5 gb as it is and to process.

sapjmm
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We tried to test with SAPCAR which will be the working fine and zipping the file of 3.5gb size file in less then 2 min.So we are prefering this option.Could you please any advice about is it required any patch update for sap to run the zip process automatically ...?

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>>We tried to test with SAPCAR which will be the working fine and zipping the file of 3.5gb size file in less then 2 min.So we are prefering this option.

Check this wiki on how to achieve the same with SAPCAR

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=27449

>>>>>>about is it required any patch update for sap to run the zip process automatically ...?

As i mentioned you should be able to execute OS command from sender file channel.

sapjmm
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Thanks for your reply,

One more question..

1) Can we able to transport the SAPCAR objects from dev,QAand prod.?

2) Or we need to patch it to base package?

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think SAPCAR utility is transportable.

AFAIK - we usually download it from SMP and install.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can execute the OS command from file channel