cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP CM25 with dispatching production orders to individual work center capacities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I have a few work centers where in the master data, maintained 5 individual capacities. So, the idea is that when i receive production orders, I can can simultaneously schedule 5 production orders to those individual work center capacities. When I am trying to implement the finite scheduling, I am kind of wondering if this can be done. Can I exactly schedule my operation to individual capacities within my work center ? can someone throw in some ideas.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Calculating capacity is different from scheduling.

lets say, I have 40 hrs of capacity, but, can work only 8 hrs a day, so if I schedule, i take 5 days, to finish the work.

similarly, you can plan as much capacity as needed, but, when scheduling, need to decide on many hours of working, etc depending on your scheduling formulas.

So, when you plan, system shows load/overload, only when it exceeds the capacities. in your case, if you have maintain 5 different capacities, system, loads them with your capacity formulas and operation details.

If the capacity is within the limits, then it doesnt show you load, else will show over load.

Now, depending on the situation, either you want to re schedule the the loaded workcenters, as per the scheduling formulas.

conclusion is, capacity determination of work center is different from scheduling the work center. which depend on your work center (capacity and scheduling) formulas and routing operation details.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Sandeep.

Your clarification makes sense. Also my issue is to finite schedule the orders in CM25. I have 5 production orders, my work center has 5 individual capacities, when I do finite scheduling of these 5 production orders, it gets sequenced instead of putting the orders in parallel as physically I am running these orders in parallel on those 5 individual capacity. Please suggest. thank you

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You should be able to dispatch on individual capacity by using split functions. Have you activated can be used by several operation in your work center capacity tab?

In routing CA02 in the detail of the operation of the routing, select the check-box 'required splitting'.

Overall profile  SAPSFCG00 here we have the Split / Allocate function.

Refer consulting note  499128 - Dispatching to one cap.that can be occupied by svrl operatns

Also refer,

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Brahmankar.

I setup the Split check on Routing & checked the Workcenter to be used by several operations. Looks like it gave me what I needed however I am kind of confused how it is calculating to put several orders in parallel.

For example:

Shift timing: 7 am to 11 am - 4 hours

No break time

100% utilization

# of individual capacity: 4 ( so total available hours = 16 hours in that shift )

In my order my operation total time is 30 mins setup + 30 mins machine run time = 1 hour

so in CM25 how many orders can I run between 7 and 11 am ?

also Split / Allocate function is not highlighted on my CM25, do you know what I am missing ?

Thank you

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check your Overall profile for Split Allocate function.

You can try with overall profile like SAPSFCG005, SAPSFCG006 or SAPSFCG008

Refer the link

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thankyou Brahmankar.

I am really getting close here. I did your steps and I can see the popup screen to put in the split, but it does not recognize the individual capacity number. Gives me an error message "1 is not an individual capacity"

Workcenter: 3 individual capacities

Routing: 3 Splits. Assuming I was split 3 orders into 3 of the individual capacities at the same time.

Please suggest what I am missing. thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got this resolved by creating individual capacities on the workcenter/capacity section. Now I can get to where I needed.

Thank you so much Brahmankar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have issues in using CM25 and CM27 together. I have some work centers that does not have individual capacities and some workcenters with individual capacities, when I use CM27 to dispatch orders to workcenters that does not have individual capacities, it does not work and I cannot use CM25 to dispatch workcenters with individual capacities.

All the orders I split and dispatched in CM27 is not being reflected in CM25, why ?

What should be the approach here. Can I use CM27 for all my workcenters finite scheduling including the ones with and without individual workcenters or should I be using CM25 and CM27?

Thank you

Answers (0)