cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't et details or Lineage for some reports through meta data mangment

0 Kudos

Hi All

I have information stewards connected to business object server 4.1 When i refresh the connection some report didn't have details or lineage or impact also the fields in the report but other works what till be the cause ??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

adrian_storen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Mohamed,

I have seen this before.  I believe there are issues (at times) with the integrators, and I think there are fixes planned for 4.2 SP5 to correct these.  What I have seen happen is if a report fails to collect, it will never collect it.  Sometimes report details are also missing.  There are a small number of cases where errors in the log files will tell you that a component failed to collect for whatever reason (eg non-ANSI SQL) that could also be the cause.  If there is nothing in the log, then have a look at the reports to see if there is anything obvious.

There is one way that could try (in a non-prod first), which is the only workaround I have discovered.  You can run the BOE integrator in DELETE mode (ONCE) instead of UPDATE mode.  This can be found on the Parameters tab in the integrators details as "Delete existing objects before starting object collection".  Now this will remove ALL history you have (ie when reports were updated) but will restore metadata that failed to collect so be wary.

Adrian