cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Business functions required for for LE-WM stock upload in SCM 9.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I am trying to upload stocks from LE-WM using transaction /n/SCWM/MIG_STOCK but ending up with an error "Interface was called incorrectly /SCMB/MDL_EXTPROD_READ & ERP RFC destination & packaging material".

Here I have SUs in my existing WM system and I am trying to pull it to EWM system as HUs.

Before doing this, I have already migrated materials and storage bins with same settings as that of WM system.

As for as I know, my interface is set properly as I can see all other things like deliveries, CIF etc working fine across the ERP and EWM systems.

I can see one Business function SCM_EWM_USAB_IMPL_1 is mandatority for this process as per SAP help for SCM 7.0; But same is not required if you are using SCM 9.1.

I did not get any SAP note over this process in service market place.

Would you please help me in this area.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

seeing the error message, I would ask: have you done the following?

"You have mapped the storage unit types to packaging materials (see Map Storage Unit Type to Packaging Material)."

Stock Migration - Migration from LE-WM - SAP Library

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen

Thank you very much for your quick reply.

I have already done that setting for your suggested node. Still it did not work.

I am able to move the SU stocks (for which no HUs are available in ECC system) without an error.

Whereas if it is a SU (along with HU details also), it it throwing that error.

Error details:

/SCWM/MIGRATION094 - Packaging Material & for HU & not found

In the log I am seeing information messsage just before this error.

Interface was called incorrectly /SCMB/MDL_EXTPROD_READ & (RFC destination) & (packaging material)

Below is the image for the log while I am downloading the bin stocks (with HUs) from ECC system using MIG_STOCK transaction

Also, I have tried by doing ISU for just empty HUs then, I tried MIG_STOCK for the corresponding HUs. Still the same error.

Probably, I am missing something here which stops me to move HU stocks using MIG_STOCK download and upload process.

Thank you

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

"Probably, I am missing something here which stops me to move HU stocks using MIG_STOCK download and upload process."

Do you want to say that the storage location in ERP has HU management active? That is not working with EWM... So maybe the error message is misleading.

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen

Thank you for your quick response.

My storage location is earlier HU managed. After assigning it to EWM warehouse, I made it non-HU managed (by removing the HU indicator against that storage location) after seeing irrelevant errors in inbound queue of ECC system when I do PGI against an outbound delivery in EWM system for newly received HUs through new Inbound deliveries.

Now, I am trying to take the legacy stocks with HUs into EWM system through LE-WM migration (i.e. via /SCWM/MIG_STOCK) where I am seeing that error.

But it is allowing me to migrate other stocks with SUs and products (without updating to ERP system again as there are already there). Also, I can do transactions over those stocks like goods issue posting against outbound deliveries etc.

If I use /SCWM/MIG_ISU for HU stock update to EWM (without an update to ECC system), it is updating the stocks without any errors. But my PGI document is stuck in ECC queue with an error 'There is already a Handling Unit & posted posted without stock'.

I am able to clear this error by changing the field VEKP-HU_SYSTEM to A (from blank) through debugging. But, this won't be a right solution.

So, what is the way to bring legacy HU stocks to EWM system without any error in further transactions.

Thank you

former_member193471
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you have Packaging Material 30000001 Defined in EWM?

Check whether it is extended to your warehouse?

Regards,

Sathish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sathish

I have already extended the packaging materials to EWM system.

I just wanted to know if LE-WM migration works for SUs which are actually HUs.

Is there any special business function available for 9.1 version for LE-WM migration activities?

Thank you in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In simple

What is the way to bring HU stocks from WM system to EWM system?

Thank you

Srinivas