Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No adapter registered for this channel for SFTP adapter

former_member184948
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In our project, we have completed phase1 in which  systems used are called N systems where as now for second phase we are using N+1 systems.

In N landscape, SAP PI SFTP adapter was downloaded from service market place and used in Dev and from there I just exported the complete SWC from ESR and imported in quality, pp and prod, and SFTP adapter was working there.So, now for N+1 landsacpe too I decided to export import the SWC from Dev N environment to Dev N+1 , but in Communication channel monitoring I am getting error:No adapter registered for this channel.

I have seen few links in scn where people have asked similar question and in one of them a person had been asked to restart the java application : com.sap.aii.adapter.sftp.app, so I tried doing this , but I dont find this application in my NWA for N+1 dev ,where as in all the four N environment servers have this application running green.What could be the issue here? I suppose, my importing this adapter in server doesn't create this application and infact this should be already be available right?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dilip,

did you saw the below thread?

you need the PGP modules to be installed on server.

regards,

Harish

former_member184948
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Harish,

Just a few qs,

1)Where do I check if PGP is not installed already?

2)In past when I wanted to use SFTP I just imported the files which I downloaded from service market place, I did not do anything extra to get PGP modules installed.

3)But I rememer when we wanted to do PGP encryption at that time we applied JCA unlimted policy for some boucy castle error.

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dilip,

you can check the below document page 6 (page 2 from index)

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/305eeb5b-81e7-2f10-d8aa-9216de04c...

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>> 1)Where do I check if PGP is not installed already?

go to http:// host : port /nwa/sysinfo -> component info -> type pgp (under name) which should display PIB2BPGP component.

You can search with "SFTP" in order to verify if the SFTP add-on has been deployed.

>>>2)In past when I wanted to use SFTP I just imported the files which I downloaded from service market place, I did not do anything extra to get PGP modules installed.

Yes. Refer to the document that i shared in my previous reply.

former_member184948
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Hareesh,

You were right!! along with the tpz file for the adapter metadata the service market also provides 2 SCA files for PGP and one more, which my basis team deployed using JSPM and now the channel is working.

Thanks.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>> I suppose, my importing this adapter in server doesn't create this application and infact this should be already be available right

No. You need to deploy the connectivity add-on on that specific system in order to see that application.

Importing metadata doesn't get you the functionality, it just let's you choose /configure the adapter in ID

This might have already deployed in your QA/Prod systems by basis and hence just exporting and importing basis content worked for you.

former_member184948
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Hareesh,

I did not know that piece of information.

So, does that mean I should ask my basis team as to why is that application missing in the new server?

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yeah.. In other words you can ask them deploy this add-on on the new system.

just FYI -> go through below document

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c0d79097-468d-2f10-8f80-f723f4a7a...