cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSSQL few Source tables not appearing on existing SLT config.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In my existing SLT configuration few source tables are not appearing in data provisioning->Replicate.

I've checked these tables have not replicated before and also checked under DD02L,DD02T the missing table entries not found but table exists on source system.

Any thoughts ?why SLT not listing few tables only.

Is there any workaround already exists?

Note:Have enough roles for the user and all the tables are coming from same schema(Source system).

Tried of restart but doesn't help.

Source system:MSSQL

Target:HANA

P.S:Listing all the Tables when new SLT configuration is established b/w MSSQL & HANA.

But i don't want to create new configuration again.

Regards,

Reddy Rajesh M.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Prabhith
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

We had faced a similar issue in one of the customer project.

There were a couple of tables in the source which we was not shown in the replication screen in HANA studio.

This is the solution (or a work around) that we had implemented.

a) There would be a table named 'RS_ORDER' under your target schema.

b) Use Insert command to make an entry in that table, something like this:

insert into "TARGET_SCHEMA"."RS_ORDER" values('SID','hostname','tablename',0,'R','','','')

c) SID and Host name can be obtained from "SYS_REPL"."RS_REPLICATION_COMPONENTS.

d) After successful execution of the SQL command, you will find the missing table under your target schema.

e) The replication can also be manually started using the LTRC --> Data Provisioning Tab --> Give Table Name --> Start replication.

Please see if this solution helps you!

BR

Prabhith

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

You might have created a new table in your source system(which is not a ABAP source system) after creating a configuration in SLT. That's why you are not able to see that table in data provisioning -> replicate.

Because In case of non ABAP source system, tables DD02L, DD02T which include the metadata of the tables , are just initially loaded and not automatically updated.

Below are the key points for non ABAP source systems :

1. The fundamental concept of the trigger-based replication is designed as for ABAP source systems. And the main differences here is that the connection is a database connection (no RFC connection) and the read modules reside on the SAP LT Replication Server.

2. In case of non ABAP source system, tables DD02L, DD02T which include the metadata of the tables , are just initially loaded and not automatically updated.

3. Tables that have database-specific formats may need to apply dedicated mappings (transformation rules) before they can be properly replicated.

Hope it helps you to understand.

-

Regards

Subhash

Prabhith
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Former Member,

Thanks a lot for the information.

I understand from your reply that for the Non-ABAP systems, the new tables in the source will not be replicated once the corresponding configuration is completed.

If you dont mind, could you please share any SAP document or Notes where this limitation with Non-ABAP source is documented. This would  be helpful for me in future when we have our next discussion with the customer on this topic.

But apart from the solution that I had provided earlier, do we really have a permanent solution for bringing in the new tables from the Non-Abap source systems after the successful configuration in SLT.

BR

Prabhith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chand,

Thanks for your response on the post.

For non ABAP source systems following SAP note implementation helps will auto update DD02L,DD02T metadata if any new tables added in source system.

- Hana LTR : Non Sap Replication-Update DD02L and DD02T tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajesh

There is another way you can try to replicate the tables using Data Proviosining in HANA Studio.

1. Open HANA Studio --> Select the system --> Go to SAP HANA Modeler --> Data Provisioning

Here you can see the list of tables which are being replicated and their status. You will see many options ( Load, Replicate, Stop Replication, Suspend and Resume ).

2. Select Replicate --> Find and add the table name from the source tables. This will start replicating the data.

If you don't find the tables, check again for these two tables in the source correctly. Take one more small table and add it to Data Provisioning and see if its replicating.

Mahesh Shetty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry ,if I missed mentioning this .

The process what you suggested I've already tried but didn't helps.

As you said I'm able to replicate the tables without any issues.

Only Some Tables not appearing in HANA modeler ->Data provisioning  but in my source system I can see all the tables .

BTW as I already mentioned above ,when new SLT configuration is established populating all the Tables without any issues.

But i don't want to create new configuration again I want to see the tables on my existing config. only.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajesh

Are these are custom tables or SAP standard ones. If possible, can u tell us the names of these tables. If possible, if you have another SLT system, can u check if you can add them. We need to try different Combinations to understand the scenario.

Mahesh Shetty