Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forwarding order as a subsequent transaction for Freight order

shaktiprasad_dash
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a scenario like Shipper sub contracts the containers to different trucks and subsequently same containers loaded into vessel and later on these containers delivered to consignee using another sub contract with trucking company.

So here I want to link the initial subcontract freight order to the vessel forwarding order and the document flow would be like - Freight order - Forwarding order - Freight order.

Please advise if above scenario is possible.

Regards,

Shakti

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Bimal_S
Active Participant
0 Kudos

It looks like you are talking about dray legs of a ocean scenario.

For example we have a plant/SP in Berlin[Germany] and wanted send material[in a container] to a customer in Atlanta[US].

The first dray leg [Berlin to Port of Netherlands] is sub contracted to a truck carrier and Port of Netherlands to Port of Houston is transported via ocean booking [vessel carrier] and final dray leg subcontracted to truck carrier[ from port of Houston to Atlanta].

If this is the scenario then, we just need different stages in FU and there is no need of Forwarding Order. Please let me know, if this is the scenario you are describing.

shaktiprasad_dash
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bimal,

You are correct ! I have same scenario as you explained.

Could you please share any document or steps need to be done to achieve this scenario ?

Thanks,

Shakti

Bimal_S
Active Participant
0 Kudos

http://help.sap.com/transportationmanagement91

International Outbound scenario explained in standard SAP documentation will be helpful.

I don't have any standard document to explain this. I can publish a blog for this [This will take some time].

However, the design depends on the master data you have for lanes and schedules.

One possible way to execute the above scenario is: [Manual planning]

1. Assign the Port of Netherlands to Berlin Plant as a transshipment location 

2. Assign Port of Houston to Customer Location as transshipment location.

3. Maintain lanes for Berlin to Port of Netherlands, Port of Netherlands to Port of Houston and Port of Houston to Customer location.

4. Use rough cut planning and use transportation proposal in cockpit. This will spilt the FU stage into three.

5. Plan individually these three stages in separate cockpits for Truck and Ocean to create FOs and FB accordingly.

Note: You can automate many of these planning stages if you have proper master data.