Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DOL lot required under Quality Inspection

former_member482800
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sirs,

I am new to QM.

I want to know, when we are doing 105 movement for Skip/DOL lots the material is directly getting transferred to unrestricted stock.

My query is that

1. Skip/DOL lot should show under quality inspection till the usage decision is made.

2. What if I reject the lot & found that it is already used on line & there is '0' stock in unrestricted.

Kindly suggest a solution.

Thanks & regards,

Mahesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And DOL means exactly what?

1 - Why would a skip lot quantities show under QI?  You skipped it.. that's that whole idea.  It goes right to unrestricted for use.

2 - You have no choicebut to recevie the material to unrestricted inventory.  You used the material.  That's exactly what happenned to it.  It went to UR, you selected it and consumed it in an order.  Of course there will be 0 stock.  You have no choice but to receive the skip into UR.  What you do is whatever your process would be for recalling the product that was made.

You might want to review Nitan's document on this: 

Craig

former_member482800
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

My clients requirement is that , the skip lot should show under quality inspection in MMBE until the UD made.

What configuration can be done for it?

Kindly guide.

Regards,

Mahesh

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

None.  Don;t make it a skip lot then.

Craig

former_member482800
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

I made changes in QM view of material- inspection setup-controll inspection lot-1 for each material, Material Doc, Batch, storage location

After doing this I am getting the stock in Quality inspection.

Is it the right way to do so?

Kindly correct if I am wrong.

Thanks & Regards,

Mahesh

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I doubt so! It'll result only in inspection lot for each material document or the GR done.

This setting doesn't play any role in stock management. It is actually controlled by 'Post to inspection stock'.

And even if you believe this setting brought your quantity into QI, you might want to review your other settings!

You need to understand the SKIP functionality. It skips your lot for inspection and thus, no point in getting the quantity in QI since it skipped the inspection part.

ntn

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The control inspection lot can suppress additional inspection lots if that is what you want.

If you select "material, batch, storage location" it will only create an inspection lot for the first receipt of that batch.  If you receipt in the same batch again, it will go right to unrestricted inventory.

Craig

former_member482800
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

What if I remove tick from "SKIPS ALLOWED" & "AUTOMATIC UD"?

Will it work for me?

Kindly suggest?

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Those settings only come into play if you are using DMR and Automatic UD program.

No effect on the GR's otherwise.

If you use DMR's, than having that on will cause the DMR to not use the SKIP stage of the DMR.

Craig

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member577912
Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

Skip functionality is used for only skipping lot  not realted to stock posting, as earlier said by Nitin, stock posting will be depends on setting of post to inspection stock.

what the functionality "material, Material Doc, Batch, storage location" , ur talking about is creation of inspection lot  for with combination with different option .

BRegards,

Manish

arunsapqm
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

kinldy check the dynamic modification rule for your query.

thanks in advance