cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA Migration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Would you please suggest on Migration from SAP ECC 6.0 to SAP HANA.

Having DB Size 800GB deploy HANA on premises or HANA on cloud, which one is viable as far Performance and Investment point.

Would you please provide more info on this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

You can use the report  /SDF/HDB_SIZING to determine the required size.

PS: With ST-PI 2008_1_[620-710] SP 09 or ST-PI 740 SP00 and higher, you install install report /SDF/HDB_SIZING's latest version by implementing Note 2080648 using snote

Also see Note http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1872170

As HANA is having high compression factor .According to my understanding fro 800 GB, you may need 500 GB of In memory (RAM) .

Regards,

Pavan Gunda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pavan,

Thanks for the info.

As per HANA, 4times of the DB size compression. I suppose for 800GB DBsize it requires 256GB RAM is sufficient.

regards,

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perhaps, Currently your DB size if 800GB (Compression ratio of HANA+50 GB = 250 GB) - > You are correct , according to current size(800GB) of your DB RAM of 256 GB may be sufficient.  Considering the fact of the DB growth, since your RAM is tight. It would be better if you go for 0.5 TB RAM (two 256 GB RAMs) .

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jana

Making use of cloud services or building on premise is a broader equation, not only for HANA and heavily depends on your situation and use case. It is about risk, TCO, legal constraints, data privacy considerations, organizational requirements, time constraints, SLA, needed flexibility, elasticity … If you e.g. are looking for elasticity and fast provisioning time to support a PoC or development project or because you are a very fast moving company with fast changing requirements this could be an easy business case for a cloud deployment. If you already have a skilled IT department and a big environment to be migrated to HANA, then an on-premise solution might be the easier business case. But this is really individual considerations.

BR

AKJ

former_member196555
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I suggest you should be getting in touch with your SAP contact for the deployment options.

I don't think there should be major issues with cloud deployment.

To start with you can start the sizing exercise using SAP note 1872170 and estimate the HANA sizing.

Regards,

Harshad.