cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

update historical data - sis

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sap experts.

we want to use sis reports in our componey.

in these reports this message is shown : " No data exists for chosen selection " , now i want to update historical data for sales.

i search and found i must update MVKE-VERSG so i update this field whith '1' in  MVKE and update KNVV-VERSG  in KNVV too.

and then do According To this link : SIS Historical Data .

but at the end 0 data is copied! and i d and i cant see any data in my reports again!

can you help me what else must i do ?

thanks for your helps.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you've followed the document then you might have missed the important checkboxes 'Redetermine update groups' and 'Update documents'. Those must be checked in your case. After you run the update (might want to start with a small subset of documents), check the field STAFO (it exists in the item tables like VBAP, LIPS, etc). If it's blank the no SIS updates will happen for those documents and usually this means that something is still missing in the configuration.

If the field is not blank then you can check how the info structures were updated in the transactions like MCVR. If there is a requirement that was not fulfilled, for example, then you'd see it there.

Also - look at the data directly in SE16 while troubleshooting. And if your structures are updated from the documents other than orders you'll still need to run the update process starting from all the preceding documents.

Other than that without seeing exactly what's in your system it'd be difficult to answer intelligently.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi jelena and thanks for your answer.

i check STAFO in VBAP and VBAK  and LIPS  , there was blank. i update them manually from abap program and then start again from OLI7 .

but after run OLIX and copy my version to version number '000' it says ' 0 records converted ' .

what else or which tables do i change or update ?

thanks for your help .

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

mansoureh izadi wrote:

i check STAFO in VBAP and VBAK  and LIPS  , there was blank. i update them manually from abap program and then start again from OLI7 .

Don't do any changes manually, this won't help you. As others have also pointed out, obviously some configuration is missing since it clearly can't determine the update group and, therefore, can't perform any SIS updates. Look into the configuration for document type, Sales Org, etc.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your helps.

my problem is solved .

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Glad to hear this was resolved. Kindly post the solution and close the discussion - see this blog.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mansoureh,

You can run tcode MCVR and test 1 sample sales document then analyze specific for S001 why it was not updated. I guess some configuration is missing.

Rgds,

Budi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mansoureh,

What tcode of SIS you use? For example if you use tcode MCTA then after you setup the statistic data and copy version, just check/browse the table S001 with blank filter. If your data exists in that table then check the version because SAP only display data in version 000 from standard SIS tcode.

Rgds,

Budi

Former Member
0 Kudos

i use MCTA and check table S001 with blank filter  and no values found .

mubeenashfaque
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mansoureh,

Assuming that you have already maintained the correct entries in IMG, and have assigned the statistics group to both materials and customers. If you are still getting the " No data exists for chosen selection " error. Please check the selection criteria on the report that you are trying to run. If you have left the selection criteria blank, then check the posting periods. Remove the posting periods and see if the report executes.

Regards,

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are confident that you performed the correct steps as recommended by SAP and still have issue, then you need to have a look at the following OSS notes:-

• Note 1597098 - Missing data in info structures or standard analyses
  • Note 1573200 - How to restructure the statistic data of the sales information system (SIS)
  • Note 174134 - SIS: Collective note - reorganization

G. Lakshmipathi