cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network is created, but no project or WBS is created

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have completed assembly processing configurations to create project from sales order, set up schedule line for item category,  configured material and assigned material to standard network and standard WBS.  Strategy group assigned to material, requirement class and requirement type created,
requirement type assigned to item category. Standard WBS element has account assignment and billing elements checked.  The network gets created, but the project and WBS does not.  I am getting screen WBS elements for settlement and account assignment.

The same setups work prior to a system refresh that was done about 2 weeks ago.  See attached document.

Any idea what may be the issue?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Much thanks to all of you for your response.  However, none have been helpful.  I think you all missed the point that the configuration settings worked prior to a refresh of the system.  In my scenario, there is only one billable WBS in the standare project def that is linked to network using CN08, so there is only one WBS for the system to select.

I am working with BASIS and an ABAP developer to debug the processing to see why a table that the logic checks for the WBS element is missing the WBS entry.

Thanks again for your responses.

Shirley

0 Kudos

Hi Shirley,

As i mentioned earlier , CN08 setting is for calling the network only not for project creation. Filling std. wbs element here is only for default assignment of network header after creation of project which is always called by the assignment made in standard network transaction(CN02)(header & activity detail window).

Please note that system don't use wbs element in CN08 for calling the project . Which wbs element are to be included are based on assignment made between activities & wbs in activity detail window or network header window.

I doubt that config is proper between std. network activity & wbs element. But you are reiterating that things are ok at your end so let us know if solved by developers.

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Make sure,you have made the assignment of std. N/W with Std. WBS . For more details on step by step procedure of it,please refer SCN wiki space on assembly processing or you can explore more in forum about this topic.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sunil.  I agree with your response and all settings are complete.  It is strange that the settings were working and then after the system was refreshed, it stop working.  My next step is to have BASIS help by turning on a trace to see what is causing the issue.

Shirley

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shirley,

this is not a basis problem. this might be due to multiple billing wbs element in standard project structure where network is linked to. please check.

usually this pop up window to select WBS element will come when SAP System will not found any single WBS to select. due to multiple WBS element SAP system is unable to find correct WBS to link with sales order line item.

thanks

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am reposting this again in hopes that someone will be able to help.

I have completed assembly processing configurations to create project from sales order.  The previous posts suggested all the steps that I have done already.  Please take a look at the attachment in the original post and let me know if anyone have had this issue and how it was resolved.

Thanks in advance for help with this.

Shirley

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shirley,

In Assembly process, WBS is linked to a line item on sales order. this linkage will be manually or automatically with billing element wbs element. From project side, network header shows a link to sales order line item.

Assembly Processing require a billing WBS to link with sales order line item. there might be situation where you have more than one Billing WBS. If more than one Billing element are at same level, SAP system will not identify which one is for use and in that case system will generate pop up window for selection of Billing Element WBS from the list.

also remember, delivery plant in sales order line item must be linked to valid company code with plant.

this will comes under project with multiple company code in WBS.

Hope this will solve your problem.

thanks

Sunil

0 Kudos

Hi Shirley,

Prompt in attached image comes under following scenario,

Scenario-1(Project not created)

case-I

creation of operative project is not allowed in project coding mask for corresponding project key of standard wbs and in this case prompt is followed by error message(key is locked)--- so if using coding mask please check for relevant project key(OPSJ)

case-II

None of the following assignment made

Assignment of std. wbs in network header window or between activities and corresponding std. wbs elements under activity detail window.(CN02) ( at least one of the both assignment must be made)

case-III

Std. wbs is not mentioned in network header window but there is assignment between activities and std wbs elements. But in this case you must ensure that at least one of the activities ( selected based on object dependency & characteristic values) must have std. wbs element assignment to call project.(CN02)

Scenario-2( Project created in background but default assignment of network header with wbs element is missing)

So check in tcode CN08, whether std. wbs element is assigned with material/std. network or not.

If not, prompt will come to let the user assign  wbs element(with billing/account assignment indicator). When you search for wbs  , a prompt with suggestion comes - earlier database & generated project.

If above assignment is made but assigned wbs element is not billing/account assignment , still prompt will come but with wbs codes(based on assignment) filled & error message ( not billing element). So need to assign correct element before saving. Please note that this setting is only to attach generated network header to wbs element , not for calling the project creation.

In nutshell, to bypass that prompt please follow steps as below,

1. Check coding mask - OPSJ

2. Must mention std. wbs element in network header window - CN02(irrespective of activities assignment)

3. Assignment of std. wbs element with material - CN08

4. Ensure billing/account assignment indicator is on for above assigned wbs element.- CJ92

I guess your problem falls in one of the above cases and if the problem is resolved please let us know the cause.

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Shirley,

please check below links:

also check all configuration from start. there is possibility of missing/overwrite during system refresh.

thanks

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sunil.  I was hoping you would respond.  As I mentioned, I have completed all the appropriate configuration steps, and the configuration was successful before our sand box was refreshed.  Sand box was refreshed with the production environment, so configuration that was done previously was wiped out.  After applying setting back to the sand box, process is no longer working.  Did you see the attached image.  It shows the issue that I am facing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sriramm,  Much thanks to you as well.  I really appreciate everyone's assistance.  And, yes, settlement profile has been assigned.  Reading thru the threads from another person that had the same issue, I did not see that the issue was ever resolved.  We are checking now to see if maybe a support pack or some other key component got removed or not reinstalled during refresh.

former_member218251
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Shirley

Have you tried to create the project (from the network) in CJ20N? Probably you will get an error message that is suppressed when creating from the sales order (where the project is created in the background).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MrShirley,
After Assigning Material to Standard Network,Do the following

1) Requirement class for Assembly processing: 212, Check OVZG transaction, Assign the respective/standard Order type(PS04).

2)Check the settings of VOV8 transaction for PS1 order type & Create a Sales order using "PS1" order type for Assembly processing

3)Check the Account Assignment tab of Sales order, WBS element must be automatically assigned.

Regards,
Sriramm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sriramm for responding.  As I mentioned, all settings and configurations are complete. Your suggestions are already completed as well.  Did you see the attached image?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shirley,

Did you assign the Settlement Profile,The attached image is asking for Settlement of WBS Element i.e Create & Assign Settlement Profile & settlement strategy at project profile

Path-> SPRO->Costs->Automatic and Period Allocations->Settlement->Create Settlement Profile.

Regards,
Sriramm