cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem regarding internationalization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried the internationalization concept in webdynpro as per the tutorial in the sdn. Even after changing the language settings in IE(removing "EN" and adding "DE"), I am not able to see the desired result, though there is no error.

Please help me through.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Srinivas.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have SP9 and I had to restart NWDS and redeploy to make the new *_<languagecode>.xlf files work. (Maybe closing the project and reopening would do the trick as well)

Then it worked with an anonymous user and the browser settings as described.

Also, the S2X editor does not properly store changes.

bye

Walter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Walter,

Thanks for your suggestion. It is working fine now.

My exact requirement in internationalization is:

I have to select a country from the drop down list box and hit a 'Go' button to change the language to the selected country's language, instead of changing language settings from the browser.

Please help me in doing this.

Thanks much in advance.

Regards,

Srinivas.

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can use URL parameter <i>sap-locale</i>

(see http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/f4/651741f163f023e10000000a155106/frameset.htm)

Regards, Maxim R.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

look at http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/f4/d95664da179b4db731e21c2e470b72/content.htm (table Example The following table shows the search order for different language indicators:)

Reagrds, Maxim r.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maksim,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I had gone through the link which you had provided. But it is mentioned in the link that priority of " Language preference of the browser " (Here, my user is an anonymous user)is high.

I changed the browser's language settings to only "DE" and deployed the webdynpro application. After that also it's showing in English only.

Please help me in this.

Regards,

Srinivas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maksim,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I had gone through the link which you had provided. But it is mentioned in the link that priority of " Language preference of the browser " (Here, my user is an anonymous user)is high.

I changed the browser's language settings to only "DE" and deployed the webdynpro application. After that also it is showing in English only.

Please help me in this.

Regards,

Srinivas.

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

From my experience the top priority is "language" property of user in UME. So, if it set to "En_US" it doesn't matter what locale is coming from browser. Play around with this property it should help.

Regards, Maxim R.

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oops...sorry didn`t realized about anonymous user. Try to print WDResourceHandler.getCurrentSessionLocale(). Is it really incorrect or may be something wrong with i18n of app?

Regards, Maxim R.