Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating a Link to view PDF Report in WebDynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masters,

Can any body help me on my requirement:

1.calling a Yprogram in WebDynpro(which will give some report output)

2.the output of that report to be a PDf file which will be viewed on clicking a URL.(the execution of that program should give me a URL,by clicking on that URL the Report(Y program) output should open in a PDF format.)

3.the output of the report will be for different vendors(vendors list will be selected by user)

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Gowtham
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohith,

To call ABAP program from Web Dynpro ABAP use the following code:

SUBMIT ZXXXX EXPORTING LIST TO MEMORY.

Use this Function module to retrieve from memory:

CALL FUNCTION 'LIST_FROM_MEMORY'

TABLES

LISTOBJECT = ITAB

EXCEPTIONS

NOT_FOUND = 4

OTHERS     = 8.

Now this ITAB table will hold the PDF data, which will be basically XString data.

IF there is only one PDF file then create an UI element File Download or if there are more than one files then create a table with the Column of File download hence it can hold N no of files at a time.

Basically File download UI element needs the binding of following properties so your node design for the PDF source also should hold these items.

• Data ( X String)
  • Mime Type (String)
  • Text (String)

- Gowtham

nishantbansal91
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohith,

I think the better solution for this display the output in the abobe form and call the abobe form in Web dynpro by passing the proper parameter. than it will defiantly full fill your requirement.

Thanks and Regards,

Nishant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nishant,

But it is not the exact requirement which we need.The user wants to click on the URL if he wants or else just want to display the URL.

nishantbansal91
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohith,

I understood your requirement, Create the link to action button in Link to action Define URL, by clicking on URL call the ADOBE form in the PDF format. or call the smartforms.

Thanks and Regards,

Nishant