Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI Content Installation on SAP ERP Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Good Day...

One of our BI Consultant send this RDS Quide to me to install/setup systems for BI/BO RDS "Quick Guide for Implementing the SAP Business Intelligence Adoption rapid-deployment solution V4.41". But I have one doubt in this regard. In session 4.1: Required SAP Product and Software Component Versions - Under Product "SAP ERP" Components required are SAP ERP 6.06 Application Server ABAP, SAP_APPL 606 SP11, SAP_BW 731 SP11, BI CONT 747 SP08 and under comments we have "If you use ERP Operational Reporting on ODP scenario, you have to use EHP6. If you don‟t use BI reporting on ODP, it is not necessary to upgrade into EHP6, the following components are not necessary as well: SAP_BW 731 SP11, BI CONT 747 SP08". I confirmed from my consultant that they are using ODP scenario - Here My doubt is Can we install BI Content in ECC System. And is it require to install BI Content in SAP ERP system in the above RDS implementation? If yes is this installation impact the performance of the ECC System? What are the recommendations we have to check in this case.

Kindly suggest. Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Krishna,

What version of ERP do you currently have ?

Regards,

Siddhes

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi krishna

Before that have to you check the SAP Note for BI content release strategy?

153967 - BI Content Release Strategy

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

Thanks for the Note. But I have read this note before creating discussion.