cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial Number Not to capture During GR but need to maintain during PGI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Our client is the major distributor of Home appliances.

Following are the line of Business

Import the Goods - Maintains in their Distribution Centers and then Issue to Outlets. Finally, the Outlets will sale to End Customer.

For Warranty claim etc. the client want to capture Serial Number when it is sold to Customer. However for that reason as per my understandings, we have to Activate Serial Number profile at Inventory level and start capturing during Goods receipt itself.

However client do not want to capture it during Inbound Process as it causes operational issues. Hence I wanted to know if there is any option that if Serial number not captured in Inbound, is it possible to maintain at later stage like during Outbound.

I also noticed that if Serial Number Profile once activated , system not allowing to do GR until serial numbers are maintained . How to bypass this as well?

Awaiting for your reply,

Thanks,

JK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

how does your client "sell" to customers? Just post a GI? Then what Edward describes is the point stopping you, as the serial number profile will always require that you enter the serial number for GR and GI.

Does you client create a sales order and an outbound delivery? Then it would be possible to require the serial number in the incompletion profile for the item. That way you could require the SN only for outbound deliveries.

Brgds

Juergen

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

At least I think so, but maybe I am wrong...

0 Kudos

Hi Jidnyasu,

Nice day.

If you use transaction OIS3 to select the corresponding serial number profile, and then you could double click the "serializing procedures". After that you will find procedure "MMSL- maintain goods receipt and issue doc.".

Normally, the procedure MMSL will be active to both PGR and PGI but cannot be only active for PGI. And also, there is no other standard way can achieve this.

Hope this information is helpful to you.

Best regards,

Edward