Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to determine:how many connections will be needed in RFC adapter setting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi XI guru,

We are working on following secnario:

1. JDBC sender selects data from Oracle database, and send this data to SAP XI, XI use async RFC receiver adapter to call a self made RFC, in this RFC, we will call some BAPI and process some ABAP code, then if the reture code is ok, nothing will happen( means data successfully import into SAP ). if the reture code is not ok, another RFC will be called from ABAP code, send an asyn message to XI, XI use RFC receiver to update the message back to Oracle with specific flag.

2. Why we use this secnario is, we want to avoid using BPM, this scenario are mass happening in our project, BPM will slow down the performance.

3. We also don't want to use sync RFC, because BAPI and ABAP code will take sometime to run, we don;t want XI want for the RFC reture message.

The question is:

We successfully run this secnario in unit testing, but when we work on stress testing,found some times we will miss the RFC call. For example:JDBC sender sends message to XI for 10 times in a very short time( we use fault data to make every message has a send back RFC message in stress testing), let's say poll interval 5 sec one time. but send back RFC only be called 7 or 8 times, 2-3 message were missing.

we get back to SXMB_MONI, see all JDBC sender 10 message are successful, and 7- 8 send back RFC messages also successful. No log in SM58 RFC monitor. Then we go to modify maximum connection, and set it to 5, means 5 RFC coconnection possible(as far as I know, this setting means like this, but of course I maybe wrong)

Question is: how can I know how many coconnections I need to setup, and if some RFC calls are missing, is there any place whatever in XI or R/3 can help me to monitor the log, then I can know they are not successful for some reasons,but not just simply miss as they never happened?

That will be helpful, if some one can tell the story of what happen RFC works at background.

Thank you very much for your time and effort on this

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Qi Zhang,

Your story remember me a problem that happened in our company.

You can see this link:

The end line is that RFC sender is not work EOIO

If you want to this you need to developing adding to RFC adapter module.

If you think this is a way to solve your problem send a massage and I add more details

Regards

Elad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply, but the link is not correct, could you please give me your thread name?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Try this:

RFC to XI scheduling problem

double massage in sxmb_moni

R\3 as a sender

Elad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Qi Zhang,

I know your thread was a long time ago but now I have the same problem with the RFC adapter, in sxi_monitor all my message was succesfully delivered but when i check the data on R/3 some data is not there...

Can you resolved this problem? How?

Thanks four your help!

Former Member
0 Kudos