cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error installing SAP ECC v6.0 SR3 IDES

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello community!

It is my first post, and i am starting with this software. I am installing SAP ECC v6.0 SR3 IDES with Oracle 11gR2 in a Windows Server 2008 R2.

When i configured all those parameters the setup started but at the Create Database step, i got an error saying:

"An error occurred while processing option Enhancement Package 4 for SAP ERP 6.0 > SAP Application Server ABAP > Oracle > Central System > Central System( Last error reported by the step :SQL statement or script failed. DIAGNOSIS: Error message: ORA-32004: obsolete or deprecated parameter(s) specified for RDBMS instance Instancia ORACLE iniciada. Total System Global Area 359124992 bytes Fixed Size 2175688 bytes Variable Size 188747064 bytes Database Buffers 163577856 bytes Redo Buffers 4624384 bytes Desconectado de Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.1.0 - 64bit Production With the Partitioning, OLAP, Data Mining and Real Application Testing options . SOLUTION: For more information, see ora_sql_results.log and the Oracle documentation.). You can now:

• Choose Retry to repeat the current step.
  • Choose View Log to get more information about the error.
  • Stop the option and continue with it later.

Log files are written to C:\Program Files/sapinst_instdir/ERPEhP4/AS-ABAP/ORA/CENTRAL/. "

Is there anyone who could help me?

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

Please share logs first!

SOLUTION: For more information, see ora_sql_results.log and the Oracle documentation.
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys!

I took the first reply and looked for the file initSID.ora. This file was found on this directory C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\ERPEhP4\AS-ABAP\ORA\CENTRAL, but when i start to search for the line remove_os_authent = true and it says "Cannot find "remove_os_authent"". Is this the correct file directory or is any other?

Related with Log information, i clicked on the botton to see the logs and see that these two with the error:

gui.log

server.trc

Info above:

server.trc:

pr 6, 2015 4:44:31 PM [Info]:                                                  com.sap.sdt.sapinst.rapi.connector.SAPinstConnector [Thread[SAPinstCommLink,5,main]]: Received: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><sapinstalert  version="0.1" keepdialoglocked="false" iconid="ERROR"  ><title>Administrator@SAP-IRM: Message Box</title><text><![CDATA[<html> <head> </head> <body> <p> An error occurred while processing option Enhancement Package 4 for SAP ERP 6.0 > SAP Application Server ABAP > Oracle > Central System > Central System( Last error reported by the step :Caught ESAPinstException in Modulecall: ORA-32004: obsolete or deprecated parameter(s) specified for RDBMS instance

Instancia ORACLE iniciada.

Total System Global Area  359124992 bytes

Fixed Size    2175688 bytes

Variable Size  188747064 bytes

Database Buffers  163577856 bytes

Redo Buffers    4624384 bytes

Desconectado de Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.1.0 - 64bit Production

With the Partitioning, OLAP, Data Mining and Real Application Testing options

.). You can now: </p> <ul> <li> Choose <i>Retry</i> to repeat the current step. </li> <li> Choose <i>View Log</i> to get more information about the error. </li> <li> Stop the option and continue with it later. </li> </ul> <p> Log files are written to C:\Program Files/sapinst_instdir/ERPEhP4/AS-ABAP/ORA/CENTRAL/. </p> </body></html>]]></text><button sid="btSTOP" default="true"><caption>&amp;Stop</caption><action>ACTION_STOP</action><tooltiphelp>Stop the installation</tooltiphelp></button><button sid="btLOG" default="true"><caption>View &amp;Log</caption><action>ACTION_LOG</action><tooltiphelp>Bring up the log viewer</tooltiphelp></button><button sid="btRETRY" default="true"><caption>&amp;Retry</caption><action>ACTION_RETRY</action><tooltiphelp>Repeat the step that produced the error</tooltiphelp></button></sapinstalert>

Apr 6, 2015 4:44:40 PM [Info]:                                                  com.sap.sdt.sapinst.rapi.connector.SAPinstConnector [Thread[AWT-EventQueue-0,6,main]]: Sent: <?xml version="1.0"?><sapinstlog severity="FLOW TRACE" filename="" version="1.0"/>

Apr 6, 2015 4:44:40 PM [Info]:                                                  com.sap.sdt.sapinst.rapi.connector.SAPinstConnector [Thread[SAPinstCommLink,5,main]]: Received: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><sapinstlog version="1.0" append="false" filename="C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\ERPEhP4\AS-ABAP\ORA\CENTRAL\sapinst_dev.log"/>

gui.log

Apr 6, 2015 4:44:31 PM com.sap.sdt.gui.core.swing.controls.GuiMessageBox

INFO: messagebox 124528570 (null): setMessageType() type=INFO_MESSAGE

INFO: messagebox 124528570 (null): setMessageText() text=<html> <head> </head> <body> <p> An error occurred while processing option Enhancement Package 4 for SAP ERP 6.0 > SAP Application Server ABAP > Oracle > Central System > Central System( Last error reported by the step :Caught ESAPinstException in Modulecall: ORA-32004: obsolete or deprecated parameter(s) specified for RDBMS instance

Instancia ORACLE iniciada.

Total System Global Area  359124992 bytes

Fixed Size    2175688 bytes

Variable Size  188747064 bytes

Database Buffers  163577856 bytes

Redo Buffers    4624384 bytes

Desconectado de Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.1.0 - 64bit Production

With the Partitioning, OLAP, Data Mining and Real Application Testing options

.). You can now: </p> <ul> <li> Choose <i>Retry</i> to repeat the current step. </li> <li> Choose <i>View Log</i> to get more information about the error. </li> <li> Stop the option and continue with it later. </li> </ul> <p> Log files are written to C:\Program Files/sapinst_instdir/ERPEhP4/AS-ABAP/ORA/CENTRAL/. </p> </body></html>

INFO: messagebox 124528570 (null): setMessageType() type=ERROR_MESSAGE

Apr 6, 2015 4:44:31 PM com.sap.sdt.gui.core.swing.controls.GuiButton

INFO: button 1686362849 (): setCaption() text=Retry mnemonic=R

INFO: button 1686362849 (Retry): setMnemonicIndex() index=0

INFO: button 1839060256 (): setCaption() text=View Log mnemonic=L

INFO: button 1839060256 (View Log): setMnemonicIndex() index=5.

Thanks for your help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

This may be of help.

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/Basis/Problems+Installing+or+System+Copy+Import+to+Oracle+11g

I suspect your Oracle installation had the remote_os_authent parameter active.

Check installation to see at what point you can set Oracle SSFS