cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export/import a table which has an index and privileges

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm copying some tables from one instance to another one using EXPORT on one side and IMPORT WITH REPLACE DATA ONLY on the other side. I'm using the DATA ONLY clause because without it all permissions on the target table are deleted. Now this works fine, until I've included a table with an index, now the import says

* 2048: column store error: table import failed:  [30139] Could not import data only due to metadata mismatch;Data only import is not possible: create statement differs,object=I2S:CATSen SQLSTATE: HY000

When I remove the DATA ONLY clause or when I delete the index on both instances the import works, but I'm losing the index or the privileges. NB the tables are identical and so is the index, the only difference is that the source Hana is SPS7 and the target Hana is SPS9. Is there a way to make this work? I want to copy only data and keep both the index and the granted privileges.

Cheers,

-- Micha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have not had the same scenario as yours to export and import table from SPS07 to SPS09 HANA system but I would try the below options to overcome the error:

a. Export the SQL for the CREATE table and CREATE Index from the source HANA Database

b. Proceed with the steps you mentioned above to drop index and import the data. After you have successfully imported the data I would create the index from the script generated in step a.

Please check and let me know if it works?