Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP* activation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sap NW200s SR2 installation document says at client copy stage:

Activate kernel user SAP*:

a) Set the profile parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar to 0.

In 001 client I must activate SAP* for client 100 (Copied from 001 Client)

How can I do that? (RZ10? How)

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Helo Cemil,

The parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar is NOT client specific, logon to any client with appropriate authorization.

*Execute transaction RZ10

*Choose DEFAULT profile & edit the profile in 'Extended mode'

• Find the parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar, add if not found.

• Copy & save the parameter list

• Activate the DEFAULT profile

**Remember login/no_automatic_user_sapstar is NOT a dynamic parameter and requires a SAP system restart for it to take effect.

Regards,

Ammey Kesarkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

As Ammey said you need to use RZ10 to do this but before this you need to import the profile from in RZ10

goto RZ10

in menu goto utilities->import profile-> active server

then you need to select profile change the profile <b>login/no_automatic_user_sapstar</b>

Samrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have created a new client using transaction SCC4 now how do i proceed configuring this client and creating users for this client . Please do let me know at the earliest .

I have existing client of 000,001and 066 now i have created a client 100 how do i go about configuring please explain the steps .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The profile parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar is common for all the clients.

you cannot maintain this profile parameter for a particular client.

if sap* user has been deleted from the database & the parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar is set to 0 then u can login to the system with sap*/pass.

This profile parameter can be maintained in default profile.

If you have created a client in SCC4 and you want to login to that client, then login with sap*/pass.

if a client copy is done on client 100 then all its user details will also be copied. so you can login with the same password of sap* that was used in source client.

Regards,

K.Sowndarya

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cemil,

Setting the profile parameter should be done from RZ10.

regards,

VInodh.