Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW - SAP Source system configuration

JAMpe
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I 've got some questions regarding the configuration of a SAP Source system in RSA (BW). According to the configuration guide you need to do the following steps in the Source system before connecting both sytems (BW & SAP NW ABAP):

• Cross-client Customizing and repository changesIn the implemenation guide, under Start of the navigation path SAP NetWeaver Next navigation step Application Server Next navigation step IDoc Interface / Application Link Enabling (ALE) Next navigation step Basic Settings Next navigation step Logical Systems Next navigation step Assign Logical System to Client End of the navigation path, select the relevant client and choose Start of the navigation path Goto Next navigation step Detail End of the navigation path.In the Cross-Client Object Changes field, choose the Changes to Repository and Cross-Client Customizing Allowed option.
    • Changes to the software components Local Developments(LOCAL) and SAP NetWeaver BW(SAP_BW)In the Transport Organizer Tools (Transaction SE03) choose Start of the navigation path Administration Next navigation step Set System Change Option End of the navigation path and then Execute. In the next screen mark the software componentsLOCALandSAP_BWaschangeable.
    • Changes to the customer name range.In the Transport Organizer Tools (Transaction SE03) choose Start of the navigation path Administration Next navigation step Set System Change Option End of the navigation path and then Execute. In the next screen mark the customer namespace as changeable.
    • Changes in the BW namespaces with prefix/BI0/(SAP namespace) and/BIC/(customer namespace)In the Transport Organizer Tools (Transaction SE03) choose Start of the navigation path Administration Next navigation step Set System Change Option End of the navigation path and then Execute. On the next screen, mark the BW namespaces with the prefixes/BI0/and/BIC/as changeable

Apart form the RFCs and system users created, what else does this configuration do? Is there some customizing (client-dependant or closs client) or repository objects changed? Are theses steps documented somewhere? Lets' assumed that I'm done with this source system (NW ABAP), is there a way to reverse this configuration? I mean, like It was before the connection to BW.

Best regards,

Jam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jam

Apart form the RFCs and system users created, what else does this configuration do?

During the configuration time it will replacate the configuration into BI data warehouse

You can refer the SCN links with detailed steps with snapshot.

How to check a BW - SAP source system connection - SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse - SCN Wiki

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70a7b233-8be5-2c10-4190-aed723af5...

Lets' assumed that I'm done with this source system (NW ABAP), is there a way to reverse this configuration? I mean, like It was before the connection to BW.

Refer the SAP Note FAQ 9

1478123 - FAQ: Source system

BR

SS

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

When you create a source system from Tx RSA1 in a BW system it basically creates entries in few configuration tables in addition to the RFC connection. Also the partner profiles and EDI ports as used here. As far as I know it does not do any repository modifications and to revert the configuration you need to delete the source system from the BW system. Probably a BW consultant can give you a better explanation on this.