Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

capacity check method 4

former_member401793
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have set capacity check as 4 for my storage type 100.

I have two materials with SAME FIXED BIN

I have mentioned minimum and maximum quantity for both materials in material master:

Material A: Min qty 100 Max Qty 1500

Material B : Min qty 50 Max Qty 500

Fixed Bin is 1-00-01 for which maximum bin capacity is 2000.

So capacity usage i have calculated and maintained in wm1 view as follows

for material A = 2000/1500= 1.33 and for material B = 2000/500 = 4

when i am creating a single TO with 2 line items by using this two materials system should not allow create TO of quantity greater than 1500 for material A and quantity greater than 500 for material B

Results:

It is Ok for first material but for material B system is not even allowing to create TO for 500 qty.

PLEASE REVERT in case of any clarification needed.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member401793
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for reply Petr and Manish.

Mixed storage is allowed for storage type.

Requirement is, To putaway two different materials in same fixed bin within bin capacity 2000 PC

material A has max qty as 1500 and material B has 500.

So system should allow Mat A for 1500 PC and Mat B for 500 PC. I have achieved this by using Capacity check method 3. But this is applicable for only same batch.

If Mat A has batches within putaway qty 1500PC ( batch 1 : 1000 and Batch 2: 500)

system is not restricting putaway beyond the capacity which I have maintained.

It means we need to set capacity check for quant level.

So Is there any way for this?  Please revert if any clarification needed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Swapnil,

in case mixed storage is allowed then you do not need to maintain any Mixed Storage indicator in your storage type master.

If you want to restrict the bin capacity just by the capacity points, keep the Capacity Check = "4".

Then your storage bin will have a capacity you define in the storage bin master.

Whatever product of whatever batch you putaway into the bin, capacity points will be consumed. The consumption is defined by the capacity consumption in Units of Measure for the BUoM in product master and quantity you putaway.

Then the limitation of what is to be putaway into the bin is maintained by fixed bin assignment.

I hope this is clear to you.

Regards,

Petr

former_member401793
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Petr,

My issue is in WM and not in EWM.

If my bin capacity is 2000 PC. Mat A : Max qty 1500  and Mat B: Max qty 500

and my TO has 2 materials with 3 line items as follows

Mat A :  1000 PC for Batch A

Mat A :  1000 PC For Batch B

Mat B :   500 PC For Batch A

Now system is allowing Mat A only for 1500 PC as max qty is 1500 in material master, which is correct.

But For Material B system is not allowing any qty for putaway during TO creation.

This is because when I checked Bin after creation of TO for First two line items my bin is showing 99.99 utilized. Please refer attachement.

Why it is showing so, even though My bin capacity is 2000 and I have done putaway for 1500.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Swapnil,

but as you wrote already, you have maintained capacity usage of 1,33 per unit. Then you putawayed 1500 x 1,33 = 1995 so, what is the issue?

Simply decrease the capacity usage to 1.

Is there any problem?

Regards,

Petr

former_member401793
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

After doing capacity usage as 1 , system is not restricting me to putaway for,quantity > 1500.

former_member401793
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Petr,

You are correct.

Now my question is If My Max Bin capacity is 2000.

I have two materials with Capacity usage as 1 in material master.

Then in 1 transfer order if this 2 materials are present with quantity as 1500 for Mat A and 500 for Mat B.

So system should restrict me at 1500 for Mat A (as maximum qty i have maintained as 1500 in mat master)

And for the remaining 500 qty in Bin system should allow for Mat B.

But in my case System is not restricting me for Mat A at quantity 1500. What will be the reason for this?

and hence the result is bin gets full and Mat B I am unable to store in this bin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have 2 different approaches here:

1 - capacity usage - capacity check = 4

This works with the storage bin capacity and with capacity usage of materials. Different materials can consume the capacity up to the maximum level for the bin.

In this strategy you cannot restrict maximum quantity for a specific material.

This is achievable only in EWM.

In EWM there is a storage type maximum quantity for a product and in storage type master you can choose to check the maximum capacity irrespectively, whether you have the capacity point check as well.

2 - maximum quantity per bin - capacity check = 3

In this approach capacity usage is not relevant and system is driven by maximum quantity in WM2 view for storage type.

You already wrote above, system has allowed you to putaway a larger quantity in multiple batches. This should not happen, new quant is created, but the maximum quantity is defined on material level for a storage type. Can you please double check the storage type maximum quantity per bin, fixed bin, capacity check indicator = 3, putaway strategy = F and capacity check active?

Thank you.

Petr

former_member401793
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Petr,

Thanks for the details.

It means I should use capacity check = 3

But by using capacity usage 3 , material with only 1 batch is working fine, system is restricting me according to maximum quantity mentioned in material master.

But if i have 2 batches of one material in 1 TO then system is allowing to putaway quantity greater than max qty mentioned in master.

I have checked max qty per bin in material master, fixen bin,and indicator 3.

Is there any setting need to be done in batch management. Why this is happening.?

Thanks,

Swapnil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swapnil,

my apologies about the WM capacity check = 3.

Please read the OSS Note 392776.

In WM this capacity check is performed only at quant level and mixed storage is not allowed here.

This logic has been overcome in EWM.

Petr

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

few things are not clear in your thread

Since you are planning to store the two different material in same bin, is the mixing allowed ?

What is the meaning of below line, could you please share screenshot to get more understanding

"So capacity usage i have calculated and maintained in wm1 view as follows

for material A = 2000/1500= 1.33 and for material B = 2000/500 = 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

if I am not mistaken and do a simple math, then when you want to putaway first material in quantity 1500 and the capacity point consumption is 1,33 for each, then you reach the maximum capacity right away with this first material.

Then you simply need to maintain capacity consumption for both materials as 1.

Regards

Petr