cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to assign DP forecast assignment to selection id?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

Question related forecast assignment to selection id created on /sapapo/sdp94.

How to link selection id forecast profile?

Exploring simpler method to assign selection id created to right profile so that they get picked up in job.

The regular DP job and activity leading to much data maintenance, lots of job to be created to link selection id assignment, many combination due to high number of profile, high number of selection id and different aggregate level.

The tr code /sapapo/msdp_fcst2 does give simpler assignment of selection id with profile, but this tr code only shows interactive generated guids and guids generated by background job (only on automodel)

I also tried direct assignment of profile to selection id  /sapapo/sdp94 without forecast run but  not working.

opened book, loaded selection,  made assignment to forecast by clicking - setting -> forecast assignment.

Tried both method of assignment

a)  save assignment of selection for forecast profile-

b) save assignment with unique forecast profile

none of both method shows entry in /sapapo/msdp_fcst2

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Thank you

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You must be aware that not all selection profiles could be assigned with forecast profile. The selection must be with unique characteristic value. Check note 329707 for some explanation. Only those selections in /sapapo/sdp_sel can be assigned with forecast profile.

BR, Ada

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you All,

Ada, I am exploring creation of values in /sapapo/sdp_sel and checking whether it works on not

Maxence, can you share your alternative method on using the navigation attribute ?

Thank you

Vijay

0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Our alternative to maintain the forecast profile assignment is to use a Navigational attribute. We maintain the forecast profile assignments in a spreadsheet then we upload the flat file to a demand planning characteristic. That navigational attribute can then be used for selection profiles. This reduces the maintenance and it has been working for us so far.

Good luck,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maxence

I haven't heard about this so far in my experience. Can you explain how this works?

"we upload the flat file to a demand planning characteristic. That navigational attribute can then be used for selection profiles."

I am still not sure how values for a navigational attribute can be used to tell the system which forecast profile to use for which selection id...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Any suggestion for the issue,

Thank you

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay

The two options you listed

a)  save assignment of selection for forecast profile-

b) save assignment with unique forecast profile

Both work but only after a successful interactive forecast run. The system does not create assignments if you just assign and save.

Another thing is the system does not save this assignment in planing book, if there is any thing incorrect in the forecast profile. I wish the system gave an error message saying your forecast file is incorrect and so it is not possible to do the assignment.

Hope this helps.