cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP IDM 7.0 connecting to SAP GRC 10.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I was looking into connecting SAP IDM 7.0 with SAP GRC AC 10.1 and I cannot find a suitable connector for this.

Could any of you provide some guidance on how to make this connections.

Thanks and Regards,

Juan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

todor_boyadzhiev
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Juan,

7.0 is quite old vesion? Have you considered upgrading to someting newer like 7.2 ?

It goes with a standard connector for the GRC which is included into the Provisioning Framework.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are absolutely right Todor, this will be a temp solution while we plan on migrating to a higher version on IDM, but while that happens we need to keep the integration between IDM 7.0 and GRC 10.1

Is there anything out there that can be reused instead of recreating the connector?

Regards,

Juan

todor_boyadzhiev
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

My competence starts from 7.2 up. I havent event heard of 7.0.

I will try to find out some information about that and get back to you, but i doubt it that it would be an easy task.

Regards

Todor

terovirta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If i remember correctly the 7.0 version had only mx_provision, mx_deprovision and mx_modify -tasks so the integration would have be built on these tasks. As there is no validate add task to hang the GRC call GRC would have to do provisioning.

7.0 datamodel is different than 7.2, I haven't studied in detail but would guess there is enough difference also in the tables that store tasks/jobs etc that the 7.2 GRC provisioning framework would not   even import to 7.0. You would need to set-up a 7.2 on the side to study the framework to see how to duplicate the tasks..

VDS in the middle is another thing as it would need to be able to communicate with your custom connector in 7.0.

If you must stick with 7.0 maybe the GRC connector of 7.1 is worth a try.. But you would probably need also older VDS.

Depending on the level of your existing customisations and what data from 7.0 is worth keeping the upgrade to 7.2 is not necessarily big thing compared to the effort of building the interim custom interface.. The real question is how big and complex is your 7.0 implementation?

regards, Tero

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Todor, Tero,

Unfortunatelly, at this point IDM migration is not an option.

I was considering probably take one of the existing GRC 5.3 connectors and extend the connector to make it work with 10.1, I am hoping VDS is going to let me play with this without getting into too much coding modifications.

If that works, then the standard connector for the IC and VDS should complete the cycle.

Well, that is what I am hoping for. What do you think?

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

I don't think 7.0 has what it takes to integrate with GRC 10 for the reasons that Tero mentioned.  I would strongly suggest checking out 7.1, as GRC 10 did not even exist when IDM 7.0 was released by SAP (It was really just a rebranded version of the MaXware Identity Center Version 😎 This could be the logic that you can take back to your organization regarding the requirement to upgrade..  , Does the PAM for SAP IDM even allow 7.0 and GRC 10?

Regards,

Matt

terovirta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Matt,

I think there's small chance that it would work on 7.0 IdM with 7.1 VDS and GRC framework from 7.1 IdM. But none of those versions aren't probably downloadable any more.

If I remember correctly in one of the 7.0-implementations we used 7.1 VDS for better VDS-performance on Oracle.

regards, Tero

todor_boyadzhiev
Participant
0 Kudos

Matt,

It seems you are right. I am not able to find any documentation about 7.0 and GRC.

So I would suggest the customer to upgrade

Regards

Todor

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Personally, I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole.  This has disaster and failure written all over it.

Matt