cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Employee Work Distribution - Quality Assurance

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm setting up QA and have no problem with the module.  But I'm not able to get an inspection plan to be automtically generated when an in-bound delivery is received.  I don't know if the setup is wrong, if I am receiving incorrectly, or if I need to set up task rules.

In Org Structure, both the QA Dept and the Logisitcs Dept have QA as a function.

I've created receiving inspection plans both several product categories as well as others for specific products (I'd like to just set up inspection plans by product category to reduce maintenance).

Then I go and create a PO, place the order, then go to in-bound logistics and create a goods receipt, but no inspection document is ever created.  I can do it manually, but this needs to be done automatically.  Also, we'd like to send the inspection plan to different people based on the product category being received. 

I know this is a lot to ask, but help on any of this is greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lee,

This should be possible by scoping the required & by creating inspection plans

First in the scoping check questions like

Do you want to inspect material or products delivered by suppliers or send Quality assurance documents to your suppliers in the purchasing process ?

Do you want to inspect customer returns/ products received from subsidiaries/ finished products at customer shipment ?

Do you want to vary the inspection scope randomly and/or according to the history of inpection results ?

In the Quality Planning work center, you can create inpsection plans.

Create logistic model with automatic inspection selected in the inspection process field of the logistics model in the warehousing & logistics master data work center.

Thanks

Lokesh Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the check list on setting up QA as I am trying to get inspection plans automatically created when goods are received in either a single step or two step process.

I have reviewed the current scoping in the test system and all sections for QA are marked and all questions for QA are selected.  However, there are no questions for QA Planning, though there is a green gear box indicating that questions exist; are there no questions because Quality Control is selected and that automatically assigns all of Quality Planning automatically?

I gone through Org Structure again, and have created receiving inspection plans with just item categories as well as for specific items, but nothing seems to trigger the automatic creation of inspection plans upon receiving.  I can manually create the inspection plans, but the company wants these to be created automatically and sent to a person in the receiving department.

Your help is very much appreciated. 

Respectfully,

Lee Swearingen