Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

SAP Reorder Point Planning in the planning horizon with MRP group

Hello there,

I am trying to setup reorder point with external requirements with HB lot sizing. I have setup a MRP group planning horizon to be 60 days, my plants planning horizon is 200 days.

I have requirements in MD04 for next 200 days, when I run my re order point planning with external requirements, I would want MRP to consider only the next 60 days requirements and calculate my re order point qty instead of 200. That is why i setup 60 days on the MRP group and assigned it to Material master MRP view. But still it considers all the requirements for next 200 days and coming up with my reorder point qty.

I tried to run MRP using NETPL and NETCH, both results in same reorder point qty.

Any advise on what I am missing ? thank you

The observed system behavior is correct and it is intentional.

When using and MRP type such as PD and running MRP with key NETPL, requirements oustisde the planning horizon are not planned.

However, the logic behind the reorder point MRP type is different and generally, only one replenishment proposal is created to cover the reorder point and external requirements.

In this case, if NETPL did consider external requirements outside the planning horizon when running MRP with key NETPL, the quantity of the replenishment proposal generated would be different than the quantity of the replenishment proposal generated when running NETCH MRP, where the requirements are considered within the total horizon.

It would not be a desired system behavior, therefore, the planning horizon has not influence on reorder point MRP with external requirements.

On the MRP type customizing you will find the option to consider only external requirements within the replenishment leadtime to restrict the external requirements to  be considered by reorder point.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question