Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communications error(14). Connection failed

karanshaheri
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I have one issues related to sync. I am using SAP Work Manager 6.0 with SMP 2.3.

Issue is when I enrol device on Afaria, during initial load, some complex tables get loaded then I receive Communications error(14). Connection failed.

I guess connection gets lost between device and server.

When I connect the same server using the device which is not enrolled in Afaria, I am able to load the application completely.

I am unable to find the problem why the initial sync gets failed when device is enroled in Afaria.

Kindly help me out with this problem.

Regards,

Karan Shaheri.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jtaylor
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Karan, are you configuring this application with Afaria or configuring it manually? If configuring it manually, you may want to look at the configuration data associated with the application policy in Afaria to see if it looks appropriate. The only interaction between the two should be that Afaria delivers the application and optionally may configure it. If you are delivering other large applications via Afaria, it is possible that may slow the connection down, but I wouldn't expect it to break the communications... So that is one other area to look, if during the initial Afaria enrollment that you are looking at SAP Work Manager, you may want to see if any other large policies are assigned.

NOTE: I'm not certain that this application uses configuration via Afaria and am making an assumption there since most SAP built apps do.

For further information, it may be helpful to provide the OS which you are experiencing the problem, and if the problem is seen on another OS (Android/iOS).

karanshaheri
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I have configured and deployed application using SMP 2.3. Afaria is only used to push Agentry client application,certificate and  policies.

There are no other applications on afaria.

So you mean I should check application policy which gets pushed during enrolment?

I am doing an application sync on Samsung galaxy tab 3 Android 4.2.

Regards,

Karan.

jtaylor
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry, to clarify, I'm not really familiar with this app, but my thought, from the Afaria side, was that if Afaria was also configured to for this application and had configuration data set, it could possibly be interfering with the app.

Additionally I meant that if you believe that it is a possibility that the connection could reset due to bandwidth issues, and when you are seeing the negative behaviour is during or shortly after the Afaria enrollment, it would be worth to investigate the size of any other applications that were assigned.

Since Afaria is not intended to configure the Work Manager in your scenario, these are the only possibilties that I can imagine where Afaria could be impacting the behaviour...

jtaylor
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If further testing still shows this tied to devices where Afaria is enrolled, you may want to retest on a device where Afaria is enrolled with no policies assigned, then retest adding each additional policy that is assigned on the device where you saw the problems. Hopefully it doesn't come to that, but if the above doesn't prove useful, it would be a next step.

I assume that you are seeing this on multiple devices?

If you haven't checked it out already, here is the KBA on troubleshooting Communications error 14:http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1814081