Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFCG S_RFC not modifiable

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

After upgrade 4.7 to ECC, I am now in version :

SAPKB74009 SAP Basis Component

SAPKA74009 Cross-Application Component

When I create a role with transaction and S_RFC object linked to the transaction : I cannot modify the objet S_RFC.

Same thing for S_SERVICE object.

I saw following notes : 745655, 612585, 624207... but it's not for my version.

Somebody can help me please ?

Thanks and regards,

Mélanie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Dear Mélanie,

SAP note 1640733.... (last paragraph)

sometimes note serch really helps.

To avoid further surprises reg. S_RFC, pls check also note 1749485...

brgds, Bernhard

4 REPLIES 4

gary_prewett
Explorer
0 Kudos

I've seen this before (not necessarily with S_RFC)...as a workaround, recommend trying to inactivate the unmodifiable S_RFC object and manually add a new S_RFC object. You should be able to modify that second object.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is intentional. Application start authorizations are intended for the menu of the role and then the authorizations are not modifiable.

You should only enter manual authorizations for them if you have a nice contract to spend the rest of your life to continue maintaining all the other authorization values manually as well...  🙂

Cheers,

Julius

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Dear Mélanie,

SAP note 1640733.... (last paragraph)

sometimes note serch really helps.

To avoid further surprises reg. S_RFC, pls check also note 1749485...

brgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

If one wants to make a fine art out of it, the SAP note 1682316 is also a consulting option. It includes the application SU24 for the function modules and "friends" for core functions as proposals. It pulls the instances appart for those where FUNC is needed from those where it is not and isolates the FUGRs which are ok as long as the appilaction authorizations are correct (correct SU24). This way you can built sustainable roles, otherwise SAP_ALL is back very fast despite lots of effort..

Disclaimer: I also partner with SAP for the tools and methodology for the solution - so of course I recommend it, but you can also check the DSAG website for success stories, so I am not alone.

Cheers,

Julius