cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect picking status in OD for non-batch material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We are having an issue where the WM picking status is not correctly updated. Currently it seems that this only occurs with non-batch managed materials.

The warehouse is HUM and we use cross docking.

Situation is that some units come from production and other from WM.

If for example we need 2 units from WM, we have a TO for 1 and when we confirm this 1 unit the WM status changes to 'fully processed' while the total status remains on 'partially processed'.

When we confirm the 2nd unit the total status is correctly updated.

I have already looked into various SAP sources (scn + portal) but I am unable to find something that is mentioning my problem.

Does any of you have experience with this or have usefull information for me?

Thanks a lot,

Jan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem not yet solved:

- my storage location is WM/HUM managed

- I see that for my non-batch delivery there are a lot of actions performed (TO's cancelled), can this be the reason for the faulty status?

Kr,

Jan

0 Kudos

Dear Jan,

Good day!

Coudl you please help to do a test to check what's the WM status in this case:

1, the storage loaction is WM/HUM managed.
2,  delviery has item 1o with 2 batches

3, you only create the TO for 1 single batch then confirmed the TO.

What's the WM status? C or B?

I think it's should be C since what ever the storage location is HUM managed or not, The system is

using the same FM LIPS_STATUS_MAINTAIN to calcualte the WM status with the same coding.

BR
Zhao

I am also trying to make the same process as you mentioned in this message, it need take 1 or 2 days.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zhao,

Thanks for your efforts, test result at that moment =

Kind regards,

Jan

0 Kudos

Dear Jan,

Good day!

Sorry about the delay reply since I have test this issue in our internal system.
I can reproduce the same issue as you mentioned and please allow me to explain this to you.

First of all, the standard system logic for the WM status at item level are:

A: if not TO not created yet.
B: if the TO is created ( not confirmed yet)
C: TO is confirmed.

The header data will be calculated base on the item level.

For your example 1, there is only 1 single item 10 in the delviery. So if you creat the TO with partial
Qty then confirm this TO.

1, The WM status for this item will be set to C as explained.
    2, since there is only 1 single item in the delivery, the WM status will set to C

For your example 2, there is 1 single item 10 with 2 batch 900001 and 900002. You create 1 TO

with batch 900001 (TO confirmed). In this case:

1, the system will only update the item 900001 in the VBFA to calculate the status
   2, the systemwill not update the item 10 in the VBFA in this case.

3, the WM status will set to C as explained for item 900001 for the item level for 900001 ONLY

4,  the batch main item 10 status will be update with the the sub item status 900001 and 900002

in this case, the WM status for 900001 is C, the WM status for 900002 is blank.

So the system will calculate the WM status for item 10 (batch main item ) as C+ " " = B

5, the WM status for header level for this delviery will be update base on the item 10 as B

in this case.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zhao,

This makes a lot of sense for me, thanks a lot!

Kr,

Jan

0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the update.

Glad to be able to help on this issue.

Have a nice day!

BR
Zhao

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Dear Jan,

This is the standard system function.

Please check the attached coding in the FM LIPS_STATUS_MAINTAIN for the WM status

PERFORM vbup-lvsta_ermitteln.

from the coding you can see, if you have any TO with the confirmed status, the system will set the
WM status to C for this line item. No matter what's quantity in the TO.

In your example, the picking status will B but the WM status is C.

BR
Zhao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zhao,

Thanks for your input, just to make it clear:

Let us say we have only 1 item with a need of 100 units. 50 of those units will come from production and the other 50 will come from the warehouse.

When we scan the receipt (confirm the TO) from production, the WM status is changed to 'C' even before we scan the other 50 units that will come directly from the warehouse.

If I understand you correctly,this is standard SAP behaviour but how can we then know that we still need to pick the other 50?

Thanks,

Jan

0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the update.

Yes this is the standrd system function.

In your last example, if you confirm the TO with 50 qtys, then the system will set the WM status to C
in this case. You need to check the Picking status which still remains as B in this case to remind

you that there are still open qty need to be picked.

BR
Zhao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zhao,

Thanks for the quick response (and apologies for my late response ).

However, it seems that at client side they have examples where they did pick some units from production (and confirmed TO) and the WM status was set to 'B' instead of 'C'.

It seems that materials that are not batch managed receive status 'C' while with batch managed materials we get status 'B'.

Please see screenshots below.

One last point, they are using cross-docking, maybe this could play a role?

material WITH batch:

Material with no batch:

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the update.

Could you please provide me SE16 for VBFA for the material with batch.

(batch main items and sub items) with the following fields:

vbelv, posnv, vbtyp_n, taqui, plmin.

thanks!

BR
Zhao

I

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zhao,

At the moment they received the other units as well so the sales order is fully completed.

That is the screenshot I provided.

If you require more info, please ask.

Kr,

Jan

0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the update.

Could you please also provide me the main item ( in your screenshots only sub items)

BR
Zhao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zhao,

Thanks for the reply, I hope this has what you mean, otherwise I wouldn't know what exactly I should display.

The prdecessor is the sales order.

Kr,

Jan

0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

In your attachment.

The 14620 is the sales order which I do not need.

The delivery is 80032261 with item 10, 900001 and 900002.

Please provide me the screen for SE16 -> VBFA then

: VBELV = 80032261 -> F8 -> provide me the screen shots for the fields
(In you attachment, there is no main item 10 for delivery 80032261)

BR
Zhao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zhao,

I just checked again to be sure but the outcome for the VBFA and the value for VBELV is giving me only those 4 lines and not the main item..

Is there something I could be doing wrong or can I show you the same info in another screen?

Thanks,

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

The over all picking status (OPS) will change to "C" when the total delivery qty for all line items have transfer orders created. In your example I can see the OPS is B indicating that there is an open qty (open for transfer order creation) in the delivery. That explains why the WM status is B even after TO confirmation.

This might help you understand and explain to the businesses in a logical way:

OPS = overall pick status: shows as A after delivery creation  - C after TO creation – B if T.O. creation is partial

WM = overall WM status: shows as A if TO not yet created, B as picking TO created not yet confirmed, C after TO confirmed

PS= Packing Status: A shows the delivery is still to be picked/packed, C shows the delivery has been completely picked/packed

GM = overall  goods movement status: shows as A as delivery not yet Post Goods Issued, B as some items of the delivery have been PGI’d, C as the entire delivery has been PGI’d

NOTE: non batch managed items will allow packing prior to transfer order confirmation were as batch managed items will not allow packing before T.O. confirmation because the batch code to be packed is not yet known. That may explain the different behavior you see with non batch managed items. I suggest you check the packing details to confirm this point.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob,

Thanks a lot for your answer, it is very clear and helpful.

However, few questions:

- Why would SAP make the OPS = C is the WM-status = B meaning you created 2 TO's but only confirmed 1? For me it does not seem to make sense.

- If I understand correctly, for my non-batch material this would mean that we could have packed 1 material, confirmed the TO, which makes the WM-status change to 'C' althought we still have to create and confirm another TO?

- For the batch-managed material, why can we have PS = 'C' if we only have created and confirmed 1 of the two TO's? How can the system know that for the other TO (that was not yet created?) that it was already fully packed? Is this because of the batch-management that the system knows it will be packed?

Thanks a lot for clarifying these points for me.

Kind regards,

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, please see below:

- Why would SAP make the OPS = C is the WM-status = B meaning you created 2 TO's but only confirmed 1? For me it does not seem to make sense.

OPS is basically relevant for pick task (T.O.) creation, I agree the description is a little misleading but we can look to the Packing and WM statuses to get a clear picture of the actual status(s)

- If I understand correctly, for my non-batch material this would mean that we could have packed 1 material, confirmed the TO, which makes the WM-status change to 'C' althought we still have to create and confirm another TO?

I do not believe the WM status for any item (batch managed or not) should change to "C" when the total line item quantities do not even have transfer orders created against them. The screen shot you show where both OPS and packing status are B but the WM status is C is not aligned with my expectation. I would check the change logs to see if some reversal(s) cancellation(s) were done. *from environment drop down

Aside from checking the change logs to see if user has done some strange movements I would also check LX47 if you are using delayed delivery updates, check for partially confirmed transfer order (confirmed with difference). I could not recreate those statuses in my lower system under any condition so I wonder if you have some customization around this?

- For the batch-managed material, why can we have PS = 'C' if we only have created and confirmed 1 of the two TO's? How can the system know that for the other TO (that was not yet created?) that it was already fully packed? Is this because of the batch-management that the system knows it will be packed?

After any confirmation happens at all the confirmation status changes to C but not necessarily the WM status

OPS will not change to C if you still need to create another TO in my system

Perhaps its HUM being active that makes your system behave differently then I would expect , if that's the case then you need to consider my comments as not use full and accept my apologizes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob,

Indeed, the storage location we are using is HUM.

Thank you anyway for the interesting insights.

Kr,

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would be shocked to find that SAP has given a different logic to the meaning of those statuses when HUM is active compared to when it is not.

In this example you give:

http://scn.sap.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-15902690-688176/20-04-2015+11-38-30.png

1.I would say that there is still some quantity in the delivery that you can create a transfer order for.

2. the total delivery qty is completely packed already

3. the total delivery qty is not picked and packed

4. you have confirmed at least a partial amount of the delivery qty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob,

What you say is correct.

I had 1 item line with 2 batches (item 9xxx1 and 9xxx2). I created the TO for 9xxx1 and confirmed the TO.

So everything is packed; not picked; should still create one TO; ..

Kr,

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maintaining the batch split and assigning batch codes would explain why you are able to completely pack the batch controlled item before the total delivery quantity is actually picked. Based on the statuses and my understanding of there meanings your statuses are showing correctly.

If you check my description of the status meanings and find some example that is not aligned please let me know (taking into consideration that I did not initially account for the fact that you have maintained the batch split and assigned the batch codes for the total delivery qty allowing packing confirmation for the total qty even though there was still some qty available for picking.

I would normally expect to see the packing happen during pick confirmation (not before TO creation with or without batch split) but that's not really relevant to the subject of whether or not the statuses are showing correctly.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If for example we need 2 units from WM, we have a TO for 1 and when we confirm this 1 unit the WM status changes to 'fully processed' while the total status remains on 'partially processed'.

if i understood correctly then in delivery your requirement is for 2 unit you are creating two different transfer order 1 pc each. once you confirm the first TO, TO status is updated full processed whereas the delivery status is "Partially processed" if that is so then i don't see any issue. Please correct me if i am wrong

0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

Nice day.

Could you please attach the screen shot for the involved delivery? May I ask whether 1 unit means one item of delivery?

And also, what is the expected system behavior? To answer your question, it seems that more detailed information is needed.

Thanks very much and best regards,

Edward