Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

item category L, material assignment to a lower level WBS element

surya_pampana2
Explorer
0 Kudos

friends!

Can some one let me know, about the following point?

created a project with 3 WBS elements. one as the TOP level WBS element A ( level 1) and assigned two WBS elements to A and named as B and C (Level 2)

Now i have assigned budgets. created an activity to lower level WBS element C.

Now assigned a material M, with item category "L". Now after the release of project a PR is created with reservation number.

1. Now, when i go to PR and check the PR, the account assignemt for this PR is the TOP level WBS element A, but not C.

2. commitment is also created at WBS element A, in the commitment report

3. if no budget is avaiable at A ( if all the budget is distributed to B &C), the PR creation is stopped with an ERROR message that budget is exhausted.

Is this a standard functionality ? if i am assigning material for WBS C, how come the budget is not checked at WBS C, but instead checked  at WBS A???????

Waiting for valuable inputs

Many Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

Please check two things:

1. Is Requirements grouping active for your projects?

2. How is the Procurement settings done for your NWA? Check in Network Parameters.. I guess..

Regards

Sammar

sachinkumar_patil
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

I guess that you have either changed the account assignment of the material component manually or you have activated material requirements grouping by Grouping WBS element.

The commitments are always created against the account assigned WBS element only and hence the budget is checked against the this account assigned WBS element.

Though the material component is physically seen under the levl 2 WBS i.e. C, it will not check the budget of this WBS.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Sachin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please un-tick  automatic requirement grouping check box in the project profile.