Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration device shown as "Not Approved" status

former_member686053
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I try to move my Android clients from old afaria server  to new one by using configuration policy.

After push configuration policy, device can get Afaria Server, Enrollment Server configurations to connect new Afaria Server and try to connect new Afaria server. And I can see the device in new Afaria server device list.

But,

Device shown as NOT APPROVED in status even Afaria Server  Security settings configure as  "Automatically approve new device" is checked.

And Acces Control Option Component/Access Policy is "always allow"

Bec of this problem, I cant apply policy to device

What can I do?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member686053
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sure there is difference. Because it is not int he same environment.

Actually, what want to, When client drops to new afaria server device list,  server approves it automatically.

Do you know how can I do it?

former_member207653
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Maybe if you exported the registry keys from the old server and imported them in the new server and then installed Afaria, you would have a new installation with the same transmitterId. You could test this and verify if it helps because I have never tried it and I do not know if there are drawbacks.

Otherwise, backup your new Afaria database server and then query the A_CLIENT table on your new Afaria server. If a device is approved, A_CLIENT.Approved=1.

You could manually update that value and your device should be in the approved state.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another option would be to move the contents of the A_CLIENT table from one installation to the other. THEN use the config policy to move the devices.

We have done this in the past several times and you can even move client groups and other information as well.

BR

Peter

former_member686053
Active Participant
0 Kudos

And, there is a related Alert on Server like this:

Event: Unapproved Client attempred session

Note: A Client that is not approved to run session connected to the Server

Detail: XRS1198: ComApp: The Session failed to complete: CınnectionID= {BLA BLA} Reason: CLIENT NOT APPROVED

former_member207653
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tevfik,

That error message should be caused by a different transmitter id on your new Afaria server.

The transmitter id value is in A_SERVER.ServerID column of the Afaria database. Probably there is a mismatch between your old and new value.

Thank you.