cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automated guided vehicles linking to sap wm

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are planning to use automated guided vehicles (agv)using sap wm as a source of information to agv.

1St we will  be implementing sap wm and thenwm ago.

do idpoint storaid  type for agv. So that transfer order created for the transfer of the storage unit for id point to high rack to b handled by agv.

How should ago behave in the case of partial picking  to replenish production fix bin or for picking  of finished products for the delivery

as we are using production fixed bin from which. Consumption will happen there is possibility that material received from vendor that can be directly placed in fixed bin at production or at high rack if there is no space at fixed bin.

how can this be handled for agv.

do we need to assign id point storage type in this case to production storage type.

also for picking materialis which are stored for sales order we need to have that material stored in lower bin how this can be achieved.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

could you please rephrase

"1St we will  be implementing sap wm and thenwm ago.

do idpoint storaid  type for agv. So that transfer order created for the transfer of the storage unit for id point to high rack to b handled by agv."

2)  How should ago behave in the case of partial picking  to replenish production fix bin or for picking  of finished products for the delivery - If you are using AGV then you have to replenish the full pallet only, you have to round off your requirement upto the pallet load for smooth operation

3) Consumption will happen there is possibility that material received from vendor that can be directly placed in fixed bin at production or at high rack if there is no space at fixed bin. - is this related to picking or putaway

most of the point are not clear in your thread can you please rephrase your requirement point wise

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you please let me know wehther i need to configure id point & pick point for high rack due to  AGV.

material is planned  to be consumed from fixed bin at production through wm pp interface.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

uses of ID point and Pick point is depend on the layout and the operational steps

Are you  picking the pallet directly from the unloading area and storing into the high rack using the AGV or is there any intermediate point where you need to drop the pallet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

we are currently using agv & we are planning to use AGV this will be picking pallet only. so confused as to which picking technic for production staging I can utilise´. We are having racks in production line for pallet . we want that to be dynamic so that AGV can place pallet of any material over there.

How can I configure that we will only move the pallet of the material to production line.

I was planning to have fixed bin at production line but there is posbbility that there can be several bins required for same material in production line rack.

Can I maintain several bin for staging indicator 0 for same material , plant & production supply area in control cycle ? But in this case how production will know from which bin that material is consumed in the production line.

Please guide on this.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

awaiting for reply

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there anybody who have implemented agv with sap wm who can help