cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supressing Currency & Thousands Separator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In our VC Application we are showing lots of BW keyfigures. The majority of these BW keyfigures are currency based. Since all of them are in Euro we received the question to kick out the currency.

Visual Composer offers this possibility as the keyfigures are delivered in multiple formats : KF, KF_currency, KF_unit, KF_value. So, we decided to take the KF_value instead of the KF which should kick out the currency.

This is correct but we received a nasty side effect that we don't like at all. Our thousands seperator now suddenly becomes a comma while we are used to having a dot. (it is okay when we use the KF keyfigure which includes the currency)

I tried a couple of things but the problem remained :

1) Playing with the settings on the Formatting tab for this KPI in my table. I have the possibility over there to select a thousands seperator but only the comma is selectable.

2) I tried to manipulate the Expression Formula that seems to be linked with step 1. It looks like this NSTR(@Actual_YTD_value, "C") The C in this formula is referring to Comma but don't know how to change this to a Dot. I checked the Modeler documentation and this doesn't seem to be possible.

3) I changed my regional settings on my computer hoping that this would influence step 1 and or 2 but this didn't change anything

So, at this particular moment I'm considering to solve the problem in the Bex Query Designer itself using the NODIM() function but this is a little bit stupid as this would mean that I need to adapt all queries and also need to redesign my Visability Conditions in Visual Composer as these are Keyfigure-technical id based. (I'd need to make new calculated keyfigures giving me new technical id's)

Does anyone have any other hint ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

You can use this formula REPLACE(NSTR(@NUM1, "C[EU]"),",",".") in formatting of input field with data type as number

Thanks & Regards

Harsimran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It may be because of portal language. Some languages use comma as thousands separator, while others use a dot.

Try to change your users portal language setting

Sooraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried thesame thing once. I didn't get it to work with a input field of the type number. A possible workaround (if it's a read only value) make the field invisible and place an extra input field of the type text. Use a formula like " REPLACE(SOURCE,',','.') " this replaces all comma's to dots.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Double U,

maybe you can use an expression box, which refers your keyfigure. The try to modify the format or another way is to use the replace function, then replace the comma with a dot.

Hope that helps!

Best Regards,

Marcel