cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNC Time Series not reset to Zero

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts!

We are currently experiencing an issue with our Demand forecast in the OFM display in SNC.  Time Series data is not reset to zero when no data is sent in file for a given period.  If I send demand in week one and 5 and then send a new file with demand in week 3 and five, I see demand in week 1, 3 and 5. My expectation is that I only see demand in week 3 and 5.

When we load a PROACT01 IDOC which is translated by PI to ProductActivityNotification, data in periods that no longer have a record in the file are not set to zero.

-DFC01 has zero values checked

-Reset Time Series for Incoming ProductActivityNotifications is checked

-Reset Time Series for Inbound XML Messages has an entry of "R - Reset time periods not included to zero"

What am I missing?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michele,

Do you have below settings?

SPRO > Supply Network Collaboration > Basic Settings > Processing Inbound and Outbound Messages > Reset Time Series for Incoming ProductActivityNotifications

Process Type= Supplier Collaboration

Time Ser.Type=Sales

Reset TS= checked

Time Ser.Type=Sales Forecast

Reset TS= checked

Time Ser.Type=Consumption

Reset TS= checked

If not maintained and then check

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the response.

We do not have sales and sales forecast set up, but we do have consumption and consumption forecast as well as Order forecast and promo order forecast, change order forecast and revision of Order Forecast all with Rest TS checked.

In our test environment, I also set up a blank entry hoping that would catch any I didn't have set up.

i also have the following:

SPRO > Supply Network Collaboration > Basic Settings > Processing Inbound and Outbound Messages >Reset Time Series for Inbound XML Messages

I will try setting up the sales and sales forecast, but this is an order forecast to our suppliers, not a sales forecast from our customers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nikhil,

I appreciate your response, but we are still experiencing the issue. Any other thought on what I can check?

Perhaps I should add that this was working prior to extending the validity period "date to" parameter in the ICH01 Time Series in Configure Time Series Data Management. SAP told me I had to activate the time series to get it recognize the new validity periods, which I did.

Could there be a step in the re-activation that is causing this issue?

Michele

terry_westra
Explorer
0 Kudos

Did you find a resolution to this issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No. After opening a call with SAP, we were told this should never have worked and in addition, we were using the wrong document type to transmit our demand.  We tried the document type they gave us with the same results.

We have since implemented a solution using the same code that would be called if the process worked as expected for all materials in the TL for the BP/Location. It is less than perfect, but so far our testing is successful.

It implies that MRP is run for all product for a BP/Location combination, which just happens to be the case for us.  I am not sure how we would solve this if we ran MRP by product instead of BP/Location.

I still don't understand why this worked for us for many months until we extended the validity period in the time series; SAP didn't understand how it could have ever worked for us.

Answers (0)