cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carrying data between two webdynpro programs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Consider the scenario and please give the solution.

I waant to design a re-imbersment form, in ESS, where a employee submits a claim form, after which a workflow is triggerred in RFC givin mail to the approver. Then the approver logs in with his id in the ESS. He gets the same screen but without some buttons and with some buttons to approve the request.

My question is how to trigger this eventing. How to pass data between these two webdynpro programs written for employee and the approver, and howw to trigger the event as whent the employee submits the form only after that the screen is visible to the approver.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sid_sunny
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vineet,

I had implemented the same scenario In this way:

I developed a single Web Dynpro application with all the buttons required by the employee and approver both and then set the visibility according to a URL parameter wi_id (work item id) appended by UWL to the application URL.

When the employee submits the form I triggers a Workflow stores the form data into the Wrokflow containers and the approver recives the notification in his UWL.

Now when the approver clicks the task the same web Dynpro application is opened and in the application URL a wi_id (work item ID) parameter got appened. On the basis of that wi_id I fetch the data from the workflow container and pus thedata into my form so the approver sees the same applcation with the data filled by the employee.

For the employee this wi_id will not be appended and hense you will know that the application has been called by an employee and by the approver so open a blank form.

Regards

Sid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vineet,

Here is what I will do for this problem:

1) There will be only one application for employee and approver. Based on the role, we can hide/show the relevant buttons to both of them.

2) I am not sure if you are using CAF Layer. If you are using you can use the Local Persistancy feature to store the data temporarily there and only after approval the data gets posted into SAP.

However, if you are not using the CAF Layer, I suppose you will have to create some temporary tables to store the data once the employee submits the application. This should also generate some unique request ID.

3) Once the employee submits the application, you need to configure to send the alert to the approver via mail or in SAP UWL. The mail and UWL should contain link to the same application with the some unique request ID. When you read the tables second time with the request ID and the role approver you should show the user approval buttons.

Thats what I can think of at a very high level.

Regards,

Shubham