cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative Bin Stocks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have a requirement to issue stock into negative for certain bins where there has previously been no stock. If there is stock in a bin I can tick the "Allow Negative Stock" in the "Bin location Allocation - Issue" form and issue into negative. But if there is no stock it is not presented on the form and I can't select it. The only exception is the SYSTEM bin. So is there any way I can set/select a bin to allow negative issue regardless of the stock position.

Many thanks for any assistance.

Bruce

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

i_saresini
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Bruce,

you have found a solution for this problem?

frank_wang6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I didnt try that before, but you are saying "If there is stock in a bin I can tick the "Allow Negative Stock" in the "Bin location Allocation - Issue" form and issue into negative. ". In order to achieve what you are trying to why not move some stocks into that bin, and then check the option, and then move them out?

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for you comment Frank. I did consider this but it's not really suitable for an ongoing process. The reason is so that we can effectively reserve stock for export customers. We want to transfer stock from main warehouse to reserved stock warehouse but do not want to move stock from specific bins, therefore the SYSTEM type bin requirement, This will leave reduced available stock in the main warehouse but with actual bin stock balances and a visible warehouse balance in the reserved warehouse. We could use the SYSTEM bin and may have to, but we would prefer to create a new bin specifically for the purpose so that we can be sure that the balance is purely for this purpose. The reserved quantities are amended on an ongoing basis.It's a bit of a workaround but the best I can come up with without an alternative SAP method of reserving stock.

Bruce