Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technical Monitoring - ASE - Last database dump

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

is there a metric or does anybody know the way to realize a metric which displays the the last database dump (full dump)?

So like the transaction log metric, which displays in minutes, how long the last transaction log dump is ago.

So I want to see how many minutes are ago a db dump was done.

(to see if a backup wasn't running).

Thx to everybody

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Hope you are doing good.

I did check this further internally and I came across these 2 notes.

Note 1930388 - SYB: Additional metrics for E2E Alerting :

"You are using SAP Solution Manager based on the SAP_BASIS component SP 14 to monitor an SAP ASE database. This SAP Note adds several new metrics to the Technical Monitoring. The following metrics have been added:

• Time since Last Database Dump

"

Also check note 2083174.

Kind Regards,

Hemanth

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Hermanth,

thank you so much.

At the moment we are on SP12 (basis).

So I have to find some time to upgrade to SP14.

But I think I will generally update Solman to SP12.

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Christian, That’s great news. I thought you were on the latest level, cause there are some known issues when SP 14 is used; but I think we will get to them after you upgrade :). Please do keep us posted incase of any issues.       Hope this helps. _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Kind Regards, Hemanth SAP AGS  _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thx.

am...if I want to get the metric faster, is there a way only to upgrade sap_basis from 12 to 14?
Or is there dependency on other components?

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I found 17 is the newest one...but I think there should not be a big impact, right?

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not so familar with all the basis stuff and installation.

So...will MOPZ also check the dependencies?

Because in SWDC I only found one condition (sp16) and also for all other items between 13 and 17.

How can I check this?

Kind regards

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Christian,

You can implement the SAP note itself using SNOTE transaction to ensure you get the new metrics that you desire if you don't have plans of upgrade.

Ask your Basis guys to do it for you.

Regards,

Siddhesh

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Christian, It is always advisable to be on the latest release. Please do the stack upgrade as you are not pressed for time. If you download the software packages using the Maintenance Optimizer in SAP Solution Manager, the stack configuration file will be generated automatically and saved to the EPS inbox. An early check is added to filter out upgrade and update paths that are not supported by the current SUM version, so if there is anything wrong, a pop up should be triggered. Hence please try a stack upgrade. Regards, Hemanth

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Got it now.

So if somebody wants to know how to get the dump-information into ABAP, see the following thread below. With that help I did create a customer FM and did implement that in metrics.

Job for around 2 hours and I got the result
I know that I have to do the upgrade to sp12/7.2 and be sure, we will do that.

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hmm...I see that for the basis 14 we have to bring solman on SP11.

As we don't have the time at the moment to do the complete update, maybe there is another way.

Can somebody please post the "Data collection" of metric "Time since Last Database Dump"?

So for transaction dump it is:

Keyfigure = last transaction dump SID

DBCNAME = $DBCNAME$

DBMS_ID = $DBMS_ID$

What is it for database dump? Maybe I can try to create bymyself and if I have a luck it also works without the upgrade.

A bit of last hope.

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

or maybe somebody has any other ideas, how I can get the last db dump in to a customer metric on sap_basis 12.

Maybe I can get the dump_history out of ASE somehow.

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Does nobody have the metric available?

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe anybody knows if that information is stored in a ABAP-Table.??