Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

My environment

BO : 4.0 sp5

Database : Teradata

Java version used : 1.6

Issue :

I have created a webi report on top of Teradata universe(Lets say its a complex report and have 1 lakh records to retrieve and takes 20 mins to refresh) ,

when refreshing the report , i would like to cancel the Refresh from query due to additional  changes like adding object in query , my browser hangs only option is i have to  close the browser forcefully .

when checked in teradata database  monitor , the query is still running though i clicked "cancel button"

Is it a bug ? when i clicked cancel the query is not stopping at teradata db , it stops till the query completes . it leads to non productive and misuse of system resources at teradata db

any solutions or notes  or ideas ,please let me know.

Appreciate your help

let me know if any inputs required

Regards

Sunil kumar.k

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to optimize the query.

Just get the SQL query generated by WEBI report and fire it on Teradata.

Then check how much time it is taking on database.

then you can think of optimizing the query because any how no one will accept your WEBI report taking 20 minutes to refresh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swapnil

We have complex reports which runs more than 1 hr 30 mins , thats not the point ,

what if User tried to click on refresh , then query generates and starts pulling data , when User tried cancelling the report it hangs !!! , and User closed the browser , but the query is still running at teradata db monitor,

The process should be  when we click on cancel button , automatically it should cancel the query at backend , but its not happening instead it at teradata end it keeps pulling the data till the end .

Any solution for the above issue ,

Any note on Cancelling the query shuould reflect the same at db end ?

Regards

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

I had the same issue some time ago (Also 4.0 and Teradata). We ended up scheduling the reports that needed to run, and if we needed to cancel a query, we contacted the dba.

I belive that this note still applies, even though it's an old one:

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1571990

Also see the idea on Ideapad:

About a query Cancel button : View Idea

This link may perhaps also be of help:

Note 1397180:Web Intelligence scheduled job will not stop even the SQL query has been aborted by th...

/Kris