Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No one should be allowed to Hide Links on End User Logon page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All ,

Many times it is seen that, after logging in to the End User logon page in GRC 10, they use the ' Hide Fields ' to hide the respective links.

I want to restrict all the users from doing that. No one should be allowed to Hide Links which are available on the End User Logon page

For eg. : Request Status , Password Self Service, etc.

I feel this is related to Web Dynpro component ' GRAC_UIBB_END_USER_LOGIN '.

My aim is that , No use should be able to use the option " Hide Link " after doing right link on the respective link.

Please suggest,

Regards,

Rahul Muni

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Start Transaction SICF

Drill down to /default_host/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/ and right click on WD_GLOBAL_SETTINGS, click Test Service

You can globally disable the setting that allows end users to personalize their screens

Regards,

Madhu.

13 REPLIES 13

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Start Transaction SICF

Drill down to /default_host/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/ and right click on WD_GLOBAL_SETTINGS, click Test Service

You can globally disable the setting that allows end users to personalize their screens

Regards,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello madhu,

I did try to follow the steps as suggested by you, but I could not find WD_GLOBAL_SETTINGS on SICF screen. Please suggest .

But will this help.. ?? I feel the steps which you suggested will deactivate the service.

I also found Note 1599247 which is also related to this issue.

Please let me know if it is the right one .

Regards,

Rahul Muni

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Try the option I suggested, this will meet your requirement.

Regards,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Madhu,

The service WD_GLOBAL_SETTING is already De-Activated.

Shall I activate it ????

Please suggest.

Regards,

Rahul Muni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Yes, please activate and follow the steps Madhu has suggested. SAP recommends to activate following Nodes "Public" "BC" and "GRC" and its sub nodes.

Regards,

Venugopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Madhu,

The Parameter ' Do not allow Personalization by the user ' is currently UNCHECKED .

Shall i ENABLE / CHECK  it ???

Please suggest.

Regards,

Rahul Muni

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Enable the checkbox and save it then it works

Regards,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Madhu,

It worked ... Your suggestion was Bang on.

Any other pages other than END USER LOGIN where the change will have an effect ?

Please suggest.

Regards,

Rahul Muni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you change the settings in WD_GLOBAL_SETTINS, it will effect all the applications in that systems which is not suggested.

Thanks

KH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Katrice,

Did'nt get you ?

Can you please elaborate.

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you change any settings as suggested by Madhu using WD_GLOBAL_SETTING, it will effect all the webdynpro applications as the setting done in global level. This is not suggested .

Thanks

KH

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Yes the changes done using WD_GLOBAL_SETTING is for all webdynpro applications (Global Level)

For doing changes at Application Config level you should have developer key and below approach u can discuss with ABAPer as well

Execute Tcode SE80

Select Webdynpro Component as "FPM_OIF_COMPONENT"

Select Webdynpro Application as "GRAC_UIBB_END_USER_LOGIN" (End User Logon Page)

Expand that Webdynpro Application and select Application Config -> GRAC_UIBB_END_USER_LOGIN_CC

Click on START CONFIGURATOR

Regards,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Madhu,

Thank you for your help. It worked...!!!!

Regards,

Rahul Muni